Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

ComfortUpdate server not responding

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241976 by LSSSurvey1
Replied by LSSSurvey1 on topic ComfortUpdate server not responding
i tried to change the confort_update_server_ssl to 0 and it let me use the comfort update.. however after the update was done and the comfort_update_server_ssl went back to 1 and i am getting the same error message... 
so as temporarily solution if you want to update your limesurvey, seems to work. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• baltzis
  • baltzis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241977 by baltzis
Replied by baltzis on topic ComfortUpdate server not responding
Thanks for the tip. We were told by the Comfort Update team about this solution. We were also told that if this works, then there must be some problem with the PHP CURL settings.

We are still working on this.

Thanks again!

• baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241978 by baltzis
No, I did not send an email. I will try as well.

Thanks.

• baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241979 by baltzis
I will also try by email to this address, although I doubt if they will be of much help as I am on the Community Edition. I am only a Comfort Update subscriber.

We'll see...

Thanks again.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241980 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic ComfortUpdate server not responding
The topic of this thread is not about an SSL/TLS issue. The comfort update server is running and responding. The certificate the comfortupate server is using is valid.

We can check that via a browser.
E.g. comfortupdate.limesurvey.org/index.php?r...%2Fview&build=230221
It's a AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 - G2 wildcard certificate which is valid till Wed, 31 May 2023 06:29:06 GMT.

Since the connection works without transport encryption, the cause is outside of LimeSurvey and PHP code. The certificate handling of the server operating system and curl are now worth a look. The certificate validation check towards the update server fails and the encrypted connection is not established. The administrator of the web server should be able to help. LimeSurvey GmbH cannot provide support for third party servers.The error message inside LimeSurvey are not providing enough insights to understand where the root cause is. What operating systems are used? What version is used and when was the last update done?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #241993 by holch
Replied by holch on topic ComfortUpdate server not responding
As a paying customer for Comfort Update of course you have the right to support to anything related "Comfort Update". However, you will have to make it very clear that this is Comfort Update related, because sometimes the first level support just sees "LS Community Edition" == "No supoort" and will brush you off. But you should insist, you CAN receive support for Comfort Update.

But of course, they can't help you with something that is related to YOUR server. They can only help you with something that is directly Comfort Update related and under their control.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by holch.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #242899 by LSSSurvey1
Replied by LSSSurvey1 on topic ComfortUpdate server not responding
anybody had this issue and was able to fix it?  please provide some info of what you did to resolve it. 

thanks!!

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #251513 by andreafesta
Replied by andreafesta on topic ComfortUpdate server not responding
Hello,
I have the same issue. Anybody has solved? I can't find an option in the menu to disable SSL for Comfort Update so, after every upgrade, I have to modify it manually.
Thank yoi!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose