Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Where to upload plugins in LS server directory ?

• Feorod
  • Feorod's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #165552 by Feorod
Hi all,

Version 2.05+ here. I want to benefit from such plugin as sendPDFreport or exportCompleteanswers but I either get a white screen or no sign of the plugin once uploaded on LS server directory.

I tried to upload following Denis' instructions to : "limesurvey\plugins\" then white screen

I tried after that to upload to : "limesurvey\applications\core\plugins\" then white screen

When I rename the plugin folder with a capital letter for the first letter of the name, then NO white screen, but NO new plugin in the plugin manager.

So... which directory is the good one ? Because all the default plugins are actually in "limesurvey\applications\core\plugins\" !!!

Sorry if this is a super noob question...

Eric
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 1 month ago #165560 by orvil
Hi,

no noob question, only problems that occur when using some older versions of LS ;)
The first directory you mentioned is the right one.

My experience: plugins are working since version 2.6x / 2.7x / 3.x smoothly. I too ran into troubles with earlier versions quite a while.

P.S.: try to find an up-to-date version on DenisChenus account on GitLab, maybe there are fixes not yet pblished on the LS homepage?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
O. Villani
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #165702 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Where to upload plugins in LS server directory ?
Warning : some updated plugin can break with old version of LimeSurvey … hard to have a totally compatible plugin.

If you have a 2.05 version, try a previous release framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugin/sendPdfReport/tags

To better know the issue : set temporary your system in debug mode : manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_Mode

And report an issue in framagit or gitlab : remind : i didn't patch for old LimeSurvey version (and 2.05 version have a lot of security issue …).

Best place is limesurvey/plugins/

You are on a windows server ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose