Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Resume later problem

• Christin8
  • Christin8's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #200509 by Christin8
Replied by Christin8 on topic Resume later problem
Another problem...
When I open a link of another participant it says something like token mismatch and when I refresh the page I see the normal page with questions, but also only at 2%. And he was saying that he was about two-thirds done.

When I then close the page and open the link again the token mismatch message doesn't appear again, just the empty page again (screenshot 4)

I hope anyone can make sense of this all..
The topic has been locked.
  • Christin8
More
3 years 10 months ago #200521 by Christin8
We figured out that we have a test version.

Nevertheless, I have the chance to use limesurvey over my university account. I'm pretty sure that this would be an up-to-date version.

I could export the survey and import it then. Is there any possibility that I could take the data I have already to the new version? That the participants could continue and do the remaining question groups?

Thanks!

Christin
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #200523 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Resume later problem
You cannot move the survey to another server and have respondents continue - the survey URL would be different.

Regarding your problems with testing, are you always using a new incognito browser for each test? It may be caused by conflicting sessions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Christin8
More
3 years 10 months ago #200525 by Christin8
I always deleted history and cookies for each test.

Regarding the moving, I exported the complete survey archive (.lsa) from the current survey and imported this .lsa file in my uni version and it was like completely mirrored. It was also activated already. All responses and data are there.

And the new URL has still the old survey code (numbers).

The problem is I can’t really test now accessing the survey via a participant's link, because I assume the survey is hosted now via both addresses. So I think I only know if I take the survey offline and try it with the new link.

If I would send every participant a reminder couldn't they theoretically access the survey then again? (The tokens are still the same as well). Or do I miss something here?
  • holch
More
3 years 10 months ago #200535 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Resume later problem
The 'new' (copied) survey is completely independent, no connection. Those two surveys know nothing about each other.

But Tpartner's comment is still valid: the URL for the second survey will be different to the URL of the first survey, so they link to the survey in the invitation they first received will not work with the second survey, it will always try to access the first survey (of course, because the link directs to that).

It is very hard to say what is wrong here, there are too many variables and we can't really see and test your survey/installation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Christin8
More
3 years 10 months ago #200549 by Christin8
Thanks so much for your efforts! And I'm really sorry for not being able to give you better explanations. I'm using limesurvey for the first time and am completely new to all this.

As I said before when participants click on their links the survey opens with just the grey box and no questions appear. When I click next I get the error message that one or more mandatory questions have not been answered. I tried then switching mandatory for this specific question group off and the error still occurs.

Any thoughts on that?
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
3 years 10 months ago #200554 by tpartner
Try debugging on both versions.

1) Create a new test token in the university version.

2) Start the survey with that token link and complete part of the survey.

3) Close the browser window.

4) Open a new incognito browser window. (clearing history and cached files may not be good enough).

5) Click the survey link used to access the survey in step 2.

6) What happens?

7) Repeat steps 1-6 in the original survey using a new different test token.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Christin8
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #200560 by Christin8
I tried the steps you have suggested, but it seems like that nothing really works...
There are problems with the randomisation in the uni version, so I tried the steps in the original version. When using private mode and coming back the survey always goes back to the first question and only the grey box appears, no questions nothing and I can't go forward. That's what the participants tell us all.

Would it be an option that I send you a token and you could test the survey?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Christin8.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
3 years 10 months ago #200578 by tpartner

There are problems with the randomisation in the uni version

I think you need to either fix or remove your randomization code before proceeding with testing. Have you tested the participant settings with another simple survey?

Would it be an option that I send you a token and you could test the survey?

No, that does not let me access the back end. Can you attach a sample survey (.lss file)?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Christin8
More
3 years 10 months ago #200635 by Christin8
I wrote you a pm. I can't attach the file here.
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
3 years 10 months ago #200639 by tpartner
Did you test with a simple survey as I suggested?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Christin8
More
3 years 10 months ago #200640 by Christin8
Yes, before I created the whole survey I did already tests with very view question groups and everything run smooth.

In the original version the randomisation works still as well. The problem is that the survey always goes back to the beginning and only the question header is shown. A problem also described in relation with chained conditions, but we don't have such.

The problem seems to be also a little like described here: forums.limesurvey.org/forum/development/...cipant-resume-survey

I turned resume later option off as you suggested already and I hoped that it wold solve the problem, but it doesn't.

I got also a reply from one participant:
"I use Firefox as my browser, and I was not in private mode. I used the same computer both times to enter the survey.

As requested I tried entering the survey again today and it still started me at the beginning with 1% done showing at top. Here is the image I get, and the pop-up notice when I tried to move forward:"
Attachments:

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose