Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Theme options not saved

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #222626 by usautomatic
Replied by usautomatic on topic Theme options not saved
Alright, I did some testing and think I have a clue. Steps to reproduce.

1. Deleted all the extended themes and made sure they were gone from the template_configuration table.
2. Extended a single theme.
3. Queried the template_configuration table to find new template config row.
4. In the options field, the default logo is displayed as \"brandlogofile\":\"invalid:themes\\/survey\\/vanilla\\/files\\/logo.png\"
5. Notice where it says invalid. Possible clue?

Moving on.

1. Upload a new image.
2. Select image using drop down and click save.
3. In the options field, the new value for brandlogofile is \"brandlogofile\":\"invalid:image::theme::files\\\\usa_logo2.jpg\"
4. Notice where it still says invalid.

I am no expert in LS but it looks as though the relative root path has an issue. Could be mistaken. Leaving it to you experts to decide.

Regards
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by usautomatic.
The topic has been locked.
  • c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
2 years 4 months ago #222628 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Theme options not saved
Can you please create a bug report on bugs.limesurvey.org with the detailed instructions? Thank you!

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
  • baltzis
  • baltzis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222635 by baltzis
Replied by baltzis on topic Theme options not saved
I understand that the impossibility to reproduce the issue is a major problem. I suspect that my installation is somehow flawed. I am considering installing another instance of LimeSurvey to see if the problem persists. Do you think this might help? As far as I can understand, you can have two different instances on the same server.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 4 months ago #222638 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Theme options not saved
Yes, you can have several instances on the same server. Place them in different directories and use separate databases.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222669 by baltzis
Finally, someone who managed to reproduce the issue! Thank you very much. I too suspect that this is a problem related to the relative path, but I am not sure. I hope that it will be resolved if reported as a bug. Strange, though, that no one else seems to have encountered this problem.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222865 by baltzis
Could the problem with the relative path be caused because PHP LDAP library is not enabled or available?
  • holch
More
2 years 4 months ago #222874 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Theme options not saved
No, PHP LDAP is for something completely different. If you do not use LDAP, then a missing PHP LDAP library should have no impact on the functionalities of your Limesurvey installation, despite not being able to use LDAP.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
2 years 4 months ago #222916 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Theme options not saved

Can you please create a bug report on bugs.limesurvey.org with the detailed instructions? Thank you!

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222920 by baltzis
Should a bug report be created by usautomatic who managed to reproduce the problem or should I create it?
  • tpartner
More
2 years 4 months ago #222927 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Theme options not saved
Please file the bug report yourself. You have all of the details about it.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #223010 by baltzis
Still carrying out some additional tests before submitting the bug. When selecting theme options for the first time in a new test survey, a message I get six times reads the following (see the screenshot):

Error: Malformed JSON - field files_css must be either a JSON array or the string "inherit". Found "null".

These messages disappear upon saving the (survey) theme options and they do not appear again, however, when checking the logo field on the images tab, it reads:
Inherit [inherited value: invalid:image:theme::files\logo.png]

My guess: this behavior is related to the [wrong] values saved when extending a template and/or saving template options. Does this sound correct?

Just reminding my configuration:
Windows NT WIN-A34LDHDT6H4 6.3 build 9600 (Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition) AMD64
PHP version 7.2.7
Web server software: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Database driver version: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $
LimeSurvey version/build: 5.2.6/211213

• baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #223012 by baltzis
I am trying to report the bug, but I get the following:

APPLICATION ERROR #plugin_Discord_ERROR_CURL

The request to Discord didn't go through. Check your webhook URL. Also make sure there are no unusual characters in your bot name or bot icon settings. Further details may be printed below this box.

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.APPLICATION ERROR #plugin_Discord_ERROR_CURL

The request to Discord didn't go through. Check your webhook URL. Also make sure there are no unusual characters in your bot name or bot icon settings. Further details may be printed below this box.

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose