Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Theme options not saved

• baltzis
  • baltzis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #221953 by baltzis
Theme options not saved was created by baltzis
For some reason, one of my two installations of LimeSurvey does not save at all the theme options, neither from within any survey nor globally. It does, however, show the message "Theme options saved". It seems, also that in the nav_bar.twig, the following line does not point to the correct file address:
{{ image(aSurveyInfo.options.brandlogofile, aSurveyInfo.name, {"class": "logo img-responsive"}) }}

I had to specify the file as follows:
{{ image('./files/logo.png', aSurveyInfo.name, {"class": "logo img-responsive"}) }}
However, this is not a good solution, since the application refuses to save (and display) any different logo, specified in the surveys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My configuration is the following.
LimeSurvey version: 5.2.1
LimeSurvey build: 211111
Operating system: Windows NT WIN-A34LDHDT6H4 6.3 build 9600 (Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition) AMD64
PHP version: 7.2.7
Web server name: surveys.jour.auth.gr
Web server software: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Web server info: HTTP/1.1
Database driver: mysql
Database driver version: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $
Database server info: Uptime: 34601772 Threads: 1 Questions: 11485141 Slow queries: 9 Opens: 3241 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 1436 Queries per second avg: 0.331
Database server version: 5.7.22-log

The topic has been locked.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #221970 by baltzis
Replied by baltzis on topic Theme options not saved
Some other strange problems appeared in this installation: the sidebar of the "Configuration/Global survey" menu is empty. I suspect that there may be some problem with this specific installation, perhaps related to some settings or config files. Is there any way to repair the settings without affecting the surveys already stored in the system?
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 4 months ago #222025 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Theme options not saved
About the white part : check if you have error in console.log of your webbrowser, and check with another browser too.

About the logo : maybe report the issue ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222043 by baltzis
Thanks again for your response. I have checked with another browser (and with another installation). And the problem with the blank menu appears also there.

I do not know how to access console.log.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 4 months ago #222063 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222064 by baltzis
OK (thank, again!). When I get to the "Configuration/Global survey" page, I press F12. I then see the Console referring 2 errors:
  1. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) roboto-v18-latin_latin-ext-regular.woff2:1
  2. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) adminbasics.min.js:1
Beneath those, there is this message:
AdminCore Triggering panel animation

Is this info relevant?

• DenisChenu
More
2 years 4 months ago #222070 by DenisChenu
> Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) adminbasics.min.js:1

I think it's an issue here : try to reset asset cache (in Global settings/general)

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
2 years 4 months ago #222110 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Theme options not saved
Please update to 5.2.2 where the menu issues should be resolved.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222130 by baltzis
Thanks for the reply. I already have updated LimeSurvey to 5.2.2. Unfortunately, the "Configuration/Global survey" problem with the blank menu persists.

(As well as the problems with not saving choices in theme options)
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222155 by baltzis
Finally, the problem with the missing menus was solved by resetting the survey menus and the survey menu entries. For some reason, a new custom menu appeared in the survey menus tab. It had to do with the plugins.

The theme options selected by the user, keep disappearing though.
  • baltzis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #222271 by baltzis
It seems that depending on the theme version, different problems appear. I managed to narrow down the problem with theme options not saved in the configuration described at the end of this message.

With the Fruity theme, the only option that is impossible to save concerns the images (logos, backgrounds, etc.).

Case 1: Theme options (global level)
When I select (or upload) some image, its filename appears in the corresponding field and the "Preview image" button works just fine (screenshot 1).
Upon saving, however, the filename disappears from the field and the theme acts as if no logo is selected (screenshot 2).

Case 2: Theme options (survey level)
When I select (or upload) some image, its filename appears in the corresponding field and the "Preview image" button works just fine (screenshot 3).
Upon saving, however, the filename disappears from the field and the theme acts as if no logo is selected (screenshot 4).

Other options are saved correctly, though (e.g. "Variations", colors, etc.)

Configuration
LimeSurvey version: 5.2.2+211115
Operating system: Windows NT WIN-A34LDHDT6H4 6.3 build 9600 (Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition) AMD64
PHP version: 7.2.7
Web server software: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Web server info: HTTP/1.1
Database driver: mysql
Database driver version: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $
Database server version: 5.7.22-log
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #222588 by usautomatic
Replied by usautomatic on topic Theme options not saved
Hello there,

I thought I was an idiot trying to save a simple theme logo for like 30 minutes. Also not able to save a chosen image in any extended theme. Fresh installed today of LS 5.2.4+211129. PHP 8.1.
Can upload and preview images without issue. Can even save other theme options. Both global and children adffected.

Choosing a freshly uploaded image file and saving does not stick even though LS reports saved successfully.

Is this LS 5.2.2 version beta? Should I be using good ol' LTS 3.27.27 instead?

Regards
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by usautomatic.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose