Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Session expiration / time out issues

• ThorLime
  • ThorLime's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #220084 by ThorLime
Session expiration / time out issues was created by ThorLime
Dear LimeSurvey community,

We’re using LimeSurvey Cloud (Version 3.27.16; Expert subscription) and encounter a problem. Many of our respondents experience a session expiration / time out issue. Reading similar (but older) topics it seems to be a more common problem, but the proposed solutions don’t seem to work for us: (1) [url] forums.limesurvey.org/forum/installation...imit-settings#213199 [/url]; (2) forums.limesurvey.org/forum/installation...-session-has-expired ; (3) forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...ng-be-adjusted#72962 ; (4) [url] forums.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issue...106-session-time-out [/url]).

It seems that the problem is related to a PHP configuration on the server (session.gc_maxlifetime) which we cannot adjust. In addition, it seems that it is no longer possible to change it in LimeSurvey itself. Is it correct that we can’t change this ourselves in LimeSurvey Cloud?

The alternative solution is to install a plugin ( github.com/SondagesPro/limesurvey-plugin-heartbeat ), but it seems that we are also not able to install plugins. Is it correct that we can’t install plugins in LimeSurvey Cloud?

If that’s the case, are there any other possibilities to solve this issue? The current problem is really problematic and we can’t continue our research as long as the problem exists. Looking forward to your reply and hopefully you can help us out.

I’ve already created tickets via the LimeSurvey website about this issue but didn’t receive a response each time.

Hopefully someone can help us out!
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by ThorLime.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 6 months ago #220089 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Session expiration / time out issues
If you use LimeSurvey Cloud : forum user and helper don't have answer.
Contact support

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
2 years 6 months ago #220093 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Session expiration / time out issues
Just as Denis says, as a paying customer of Limesurvey Cloud you can open a support ticket with Limesurvey GmbH directly. Only they are able to answer your questions correctly and only they will be able to change the configuration for your installation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • ThorLime
  • ThorLime's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #220143 by ThorLime
Replied by ThorLime on topic Session expiration / time out issues
Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately, the support tickets don't get any response. I guess the other possibility would be to switch to the CE edition. I assume it would be possible to address the issue with the CE version.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 6 months ago #220153 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Session expiration / time out issues

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
2 years 6 months ago #220174 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Session expiration / time out issues
Are you a user of the free account or are you a paying customer? Because if you are a paying customer, they should respond. They are usually quite good with that, from what I see.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose