Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problem with a Likert scale type question

• jenniferyoung
  • jenniferyoung's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207999 by jenniferyoung
Problem with a Likert scale type question was created by jenniferyoung
I have a Likert scale type question on my survey. I set it up as an array because I could not figure out how to set it up with a 0 - 4 scale instead of a 1-5 scale.

Whenever I try to complete the survey, it says that I have not answered all of the questions and takes me directly to that question. However, I have filled it all out. (See screenshots)
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago #208001 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Problem with a Likert scale type question

I have a Likert scale type question on my survey. I set it up as an array because I could not figure out how to set it up with a 0 - 4 scale instead of a 1-5 scale.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Because you couldn't set up a certain question with a 0-4 scale (what question type were you looking at, "list (radio)"?), you setup a different question type also with the wrong scale???

For both, the list(radio) and the array question type you can freely set the answer options to any scale you want.

The error message says that the person did NOT respond all questions. So one or more of those subquestions in your array have not been answered. That is what the error message indicates.

However, without actually seeing your question (ideally you send an LSS file with just this one question) and explain what you are actually trying to do. Because with the current information, I can't really tell what the problem is.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• jenniferyoung
  • jenniferyoung's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #208002 by jenniferyoung
Replied by jenniferyoung on topic Problem with a Likert scale type question
Okay, I removed the question altogether to make sure that is the one causing the error message, and it is. Maybe I set up the question incorrectly so allow me another approach. What is the best way to set up a question so that I can use the 0-4 scale. I need to set up the form on page 4 and 5 of this attachment. I initially set it up as an array and this is what caused the error message that all the questions were not answered when they were all answered when I tried to test the survey 2 times.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

• Joffm
  • Away
More
3 years 5 months ago #208013 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Problem with a Likert scale type question
Okay,
to set up a question like this is not a problem.
question of type "array".

The only unpleasant thing is, you can't use a code of "0" for the answer options.
So it has to be

But this is not a big thing.
Just recode it ( code -1) in your statistic tool.

Joffm

And furthermore: holch asked for a lss export, not a pdf.
Only in a lss export we can see any errors in settings, etc.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose