Sub-question hide/show array filter

More
5 years 2 months ago #118114 by sga
Hello
Ive been reading the documentation and tried to understand examples but I cannot find the solution.
I want to filter my array from the answers in previous questions. I can change the names of the rows of the array but I cannot make the unused comments from multiple choice dissappear.
I want this:

I I have this:

The problem I think is that I need to add the lines that are in the Relevance [Validation] (Default value) column to the subquestions but I don't know what kind of conditions they are and where do I add them...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
5 years 2 months ago #118115 by holch
Did you try the array filter in the advanced options of the array?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #118116 by sga
yes I did, that's why I can filter the label of the rows in the array.
This is what I have

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by sga.

More
5 years 2 months ago #118117 by sga
Im using for the first question a "multiple short text" type but it works just as fine as the "multiple choice with comments" type. Ive tried both configurations and I have the same result with both.

More
5 years 2 months ago #118118 by holch
Don't know, but it works perfectly here:

Have a look at the question group. I tried to hide the second question all the way, if there is no answer at all in Q1 but did not manage. So please ignore that part for now.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #118119 by sga
Thanks for your example! I tried to import it but I get this error : "The languages of the imported group file must at least include the base language of this survey."

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #118120 by sga
I'm sorry I now understand the error. I was importing the group to my spanish-based survey hehe

More
5 years 2 months ago #118122 by holch
Yes, won't work if the base languages of the two surveys don't match. I guess mine was English or Portuguese. Probably English.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #118123 by sga
it works fine and if I do a new survey (spanish-based) it works too. I cannot guess what is causing the problem in my survey.

Should I try reseting the conditions?

More
5 years 2 months ago #118124 by holch
How did you set up the array filter? Can you show me a screenshot of the advanced settings of the second question, which shows the array filter input?

More
5 years 2 months ago #118125 by holch
Maybe you can also export the questin group with just these two questions, so I can import it here and have a look at your settings?

More
5 years 2 months ago #118128 by sga
Advanced settings:

Question codes:

Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #118129 by sga
This is the question group file

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...p_21.lsg
File Size:28 KB
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #118154 by sga
This problem repeats itself no matter the question group in my survey. But doesn't appear in a new survey so I think is a general configuration issue on the survey. What could be messing around with the survey?
The same problem happens if I export and import the survey

More
5 years 2 months ago #118155 by holch
What's the base language of your survey? I tried to import it and got an error for English, but also for Spanish.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now