I was wondering if Limesurvey can save GPS coordinates obtained after clicking a link with a Javascript? I can get the coordinates to show in a Text display type of question but could not manage to get the two lines to be saved.
Maybe some of you are aware of a workaround available.
attached see lss file with one group and question with the script
use an equation type question to read the text field (with EM). The result of the equation will be stored.
And: may be it is possible to poke your data directly to an equation type question.
Thank you very much for your effort, it looks like everybody else can work it out with your sample survey. I also tried to do it with your sample survey [limesurvey_survey_geolocation.lss ], but nothing shows in the text box after clicking the button, although a pop-up window shows up and asking for permission to get the location. Do you have any idea on this? I can get the location in Google map so I guess it's not the signal problem.
I also tried it on both android device and IPAD but it's still not working.
Thanks for you reply. Is there any way I can get the GPS coordinates without an upgrade?
I tried to copy the two functions getGPS and showGPS to the lss file by the version 1.91 and then import back to LS but no luck..is there any way you can help to modify the lss file attached? It would be great if the lime survey can automatically save the GPS coordinates and store the coordinates as a variable.
I am attaching a sample survey generated by limesurvey Version 1.91+ Build 11379.