It works. First I though the reason are the scripts integrated in some of the questions, but in fact I confused the general settings and the survey settings.
This brings another issue. Certain questions in the survey attached are "customised" - they have one or two following questions integrated as columns and therefore their question numbers appear in columns, whereas they shouldn't. Furthermore, all the question numbering down the line messes up because of this.
The simplest solution would be to mark those integrated questions with a help of javascript as "non relevant for question numbering" I suppose. I have no idea how the script would look like.
Another option would be to correct already used script so a question would be copied/transferred in the column of a previous question by leaving out the "th" definition, that is to say the question name. But I think the question itself would be still counted as any other regular question so it's not really a solution.
A sample survey is attached, the scripts used for tailoring are included.
And something else appeared: in certain questions a new line is created right behind the question number.
I hope all this makes sense.