Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add CSS to Survey Without Modifying the Theme

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 5 months ago #220464 by holch

I'm just doing my due diligence to make sure I know what is and is not possible.

And that is fine. But I think it must also be allowed from our side to highlight that it would be much simpler to do it with an extended theme, and I am pretty sure if you explain it to the client what is involved to do it without an extended theme, they are probably happy to accept and extended them.

You have two solutions now, one that is not within the initial specifications, but is (is in my, and from what I can see everyone else's opinion here, the best and most probably most economically sensible solution) or a "hack" that needs to be applied by hand at any screen of the survey. Present them both, and see what the client says. I personally would be surprised if they really go down the route with them manual approach.

And no one suggested to "Deceive them by calling its something its not. Just to change one little item in one survey?", I suggested to show them this solution, tell them what it is (an extension of an existing theme) and let them decide.

Anyway, you have your solutions.

You can hire Tony or Holch (unsure?) : "business is like this"
You have a client and you ask to unpaid volunteer to fix your issue with your client ?
SERIOUSLY !

Denis, I didn't read it like he wants us to fix his business problem. He had an issue and he asked if it is possible to fix it. Which is fine I think. We suggested solutions that are not within the specifications of the client, but which would be the best and most economical approach, but he was trying to see if there is another solution, even if more complicated, within the given parameters. Which is fine. His response might not have been the most polite, given that we are doing all this voluntarily, but anyway. This is the internet... ;-)

And to clarify your doubt: No, I am not for hire. :-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
  • holch
More
2 years 5 months ago #220466 by holch
Ahhh, by the way, the installation your client is using is over 2 years old, so basically 2,5 years no bug fixes, no security updates, nothing:

account.limesurvey.org/es/limesurvey-upd...uild-190408-released

I think it would be good to consider an update.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Kyler_Hunter
  • Kyler_Hunter's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #220480 by Kyler_Hunter
Replied by Kyler_Hunter on topic Add CSS to Survey Without Modifying the Theme
Yes, we're actually in the process of securing the update.Also they do not want the possibility of 150 plus themes to happen (as that how many teams/groups/divisions there are).  That's the reason we're looking for in survey solutions.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Kyler_Hunter.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 5 months ago #220492 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Add CSS to Survey Without Modifying the Theme

Denis, I didn't read it like he wants us to fix his business problem. He had an issue and he asked if it is possible to fix it. Which is fine I think. We suggested solutions that are not within the specifications of the client, but which would be the best and most economical approach, but he was trying to see if there is another solution, even if more complicated, within the given parameters. Which is fine. His response might not have been the most polite, given that we are doing all this voluntarily, but anyway. This is the internet... ;-)

Tony answered on the 1st post,
User take money from client to do this, not Tony or you …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose