Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Print the message section in assessments

• jamiebillingham
  • jamiebillingham's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 week ago #214595 by jamiebillingham
Print the message section in assessments was created by jamiebillingham
Hi all,

We are using LimeSurvey to create a self-assessment activity. We have a series of statements set up in arrays using the Assessment option. Participants read each statement and select how often they do whatever the statement describes, For example. Statement - I sleep 7-9 hours per night - Array options - Never, Sometimes, Often, Always. Each of these is scored.

When participants are done they get a results page that displays their score and messages associated with their score. This is all working really well.

The challenge is the print option. We want participants to be able to save their results - so print to paper or pdf. Right now when they select print they get 40 pages of their responses but not the feedback message.

Is there a way to set print up so that they can print the feedback / results message?

Cheers,

Jamie
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 week ago #214621 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Print the message section in assessments
The assessment feature is a limited legacy from before ExpressionScript.

Use ExpressionScript to calculate the scores and tailor the messages in hidden equation questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • jamiebillingham
More
3 years 1 week ago #214652 by jamiebillingham
Replied by jamiebillingham on topic Print the message section in assessments
Thanks for the reply.

Honestly, I can't get past the first few paragraphs in the documentation on how to do this - way, way, way over my head.

The documentation about Assessments - that we used to set this up - says nothing about it being a limited legacy - all it says is "Hint: You can create more sophisticated assessments and reports using Expression Manager" .

Do you know of any novice level documentation about how use expression manager in a simple assessment like I've described in the original post?
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #214654 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Print the message section in assessments
I have no idea how your survey is set up or how complicated you want the score statement to be but the equation question could contain something as simple as:

Code:
Your score is {sum(Q1, Q2)}.

Sample survey attached: 

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...6(1).lss
File Size:17 KB

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by tpartner.
  • jamiebillingham
More
3 years 1 week ago #214657 by jamiebillingham
Replied by jamiebillingham on topic Print the message section in assessments
Thank you,

I have a self assessment set up where participants select from a set series of answers. It's like a personality test.

The scoring is super basic. Answers from column 1 get 1 point each, 2 points each for column 2, etc..

When participants have completed all the questions/statements they are supposed to get a "score" which I'm currently generating with {PERC).

This is working exactly as we wanted and displays to the participants a really nice readable results message that gives them their score and adds an explanation based on the score range.

When we first tested this the print screen option gave participants a readable version of their responses and the results. Now it gives 2 print options and neither is really easily readable - it's super ugly.

Attaching working sample - if you can help???

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose