I have an open public survey with the first group of questions being contact details (name, phone number, address).
Respondents will be completing the survey multiple times. At the completion of the first submission, I want to give them the option to repeat the survey again. So, in the end message, I have a link that says "Complete the survey again".
The link contains a flag to indicate it is a repeat submission, and I'm passing the contact details in parameters (so the participant doesn't need to enter this information again). I'm using the panel integration to map the URL parameters to the target questions.
The first parameter is "HideOrg". On the question group containing contact details, I have a relevance equation to hide the group if HideOrg=Y.
In testing, after the first submission, the contact questions are passed to the new survey submission -- yay!
The Contact question group is hidden, because the group relevance question returns 1 for relevance question ((is_empty(HideOrg.NAOK) or HideOrg.NAOK != "Y"))
I proceed to complete the survey, and then I discover that the contact values haven't been stored with the survey.
If I remove the relevance equation so that the organization fields are shown, then the contact values that were passed through were saved.
I would have expected that they'd be saved as responses irrespective of whether the question group is hidden from the respondent.
I've attached an LSS of the key parts of the survey. Note that the End Message contains the survey ID in the anchored link -- so if you import and the survey # changes, you'll need to update this in the end message.
Thanks for this advice. I added it like this to config.php -- but it doesn't work (end URL still doesn't contain the responses). Am I putting it in the config.php correctly:
'debug'=>0,
'debugsql'=>0, // Set this to 1 to enanble sql logging, only active when debug = 2
// Update default LimeSurvey config here
'deletenonvalues'=>0,
)
);
Hmm...it does work for me in version 2.72.5 as below. But it looks like you have a trailing comma that's not required.
Code:
// Use the following config variable to set modified optional settings copied from config-defaults.php
'config'=>array(
// debug: Set this to 1 if you are looking for errors. If you still get no errors after enabling this
// then please check your error-logs - either in your hosting provider admin panel or in some /logs directory
// on your webspace.
// LimeSurvey developers: Set this to 2 to additionally display STRICT PHP error messages and get full access to standard templates
'debug'=>1,
'debugsql'=>0, // Set this to 1 to enanble sql logging, only active when debug = 2
'allow_templates_to_overwrite_views'=>1,
'deletenonvalues'=>0
)
Cheers,
Tony Partner Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
// LimeSurvey developers: Set this to 2 to additionally display STRICT PHP error messages and get full access to standard templates
'debug'=>0,
'debugsql'=>0, // Set this to 1 to enanble sql logging, only active when debug = 2
// Update default LimeSurvey config here
'deletenonvalues'=>0
)
);