Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Some strings

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #205666 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Some strings

I think that "Question list" and "Responses" at the same menu is highly illogical.

I fear you will find more illogical things in Limesurvey. This software has been organically growing and each new team member has included features and names and this was not always strategically supervised.

However, I fired up my LS 4.x and could not find "Question list" and "Responses" in the same menu:

"Question list" can be found in the left bottom menu block while "Responses" can be found in the top menu within the right block.

Overall, I agree that the menu structure is surely not ideal. I think when the new interface was designed the opportunity was lost to have a more sistematic approach to make sure the navigation is logic and user friendly. From what I remember there was very little discussion with the community, but it was rather the work of one developer.

I was one of the first ones asking for a more modern user interface, but turns out the layered approach from 2.06 and before was way more logical and straight forward in retrospective, because I don't think that the proper time was given to design a logical and easy aproach for the navigation with a modern design. Now we don't have a specifically logical and easy to use navigation, nor a specifically modern design. ;-)

But before we think about approaching any of this, I think LS 4.x needs to get on the right track to become stable. From there we can work towards more usability, if this is something the developers are interested in.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
  • Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 6 months ago #205669 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Some strings
You'll see "responses" when you activate the survey.

And yes, there are more illogical things, that happens for every software developed for long time. But please, not in the same menu! "Question list" - "Survey participants" - "Responses".

Many things need much more to fix, but at least these are just plain strings.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose