Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey summary and Export to PDF

• f.a.serhal
  • f.a.serhal's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #215740 by f.a.serhal
Survey summary and Export to PDF was created by f.a.serhal
Hi, We have 2 issues with the survey we are developping: 
  1. When the end user completes the survey, a summary page is dispalyed. This page re-lists all the questions and the answers that the user provided. The issue is that some Metadata is displayed next to the questions (eg: type:S/text-short). I attached a screencapture showing the metadata I am referring to.
  2. The user is presented with 2 options to export to PDF: 
  • Export to PDF : this option will generate a PDF file with the ID and metadata as mentioned above.
  • Export to PDF queXML : this option will generate a PDF without metadata, yet all the answers are truncated to the first 10 characters. This is a showstopper from the customer experience perspective. 
Can you please advise whether this behavior is normal, and if not, suggest how we can bypass it? 

Appreciate your feedback  ! 
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by f.a.serhal. Reason: reviewed text layout
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 11 months ago #215742 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Survey summary and Export to PDF
Know issue : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14353

I don't have answers currently … i want to redfo all print question … but take a lof or time ...

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 11 months ago #215743 by DenisChenu
Else : forums.limesurvey.org/forum/plugins/1223...for-printing-surveys

This use 2 plugins : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/ExportAndStats/pdfReport and gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/limeMpdf

You can do exactly what you want, it take time, but it's really good.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
The following user(s) said Thank You: auforg, f.a.serhal
  • f.a.serhal
More
2 years 11 months ago #215744 by f.a.serhal
Replied by f.a.serhal on topic Survey summary and Export to PDF
Thanks for your quick reply ! This seems to be a known issue then. It is amazing to see that Limesurvey is allowing this bug without correction, whereas most of the competition (at least the ones i know about), allow a seemless summary and PDF extraction!
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #215745 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Survey summary and Export to PDF
What do you mean "Limesurvey allows"? It is a bug, it happens. The problem is, that it requires time (and often money) to fix the bugs. The team will prioritize those bugs that the deem most important. And my guess would be that the PDF part isn't used that much in Limesurvey.

Of course, ideally, there wouldn't be any bugs and endless budget and developer time to fix all bugs that still appear. ;-)

If you are a paying customer of Limesurvey GmbH (Using the hosted version Limesurvey Pro), you could open a support ticket and see if they are able and willing to fix this quicker.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Joffm
More
2 years 11 months ago #215747 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Survey summary and Export to PDF
Yes, it is a known issue.
Both reports are not the very best

But there are other options (plugins);
pdfReport
[url] gitlab.com/SondagesPro/ExportAndStats/pdfReport [/url]

limeMpdf
[url] gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/limeMpdf [/url]

to create well designed reports 

Joffm 

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: auforg
  • f.a.serhal
More
2 years 11 months ago #215753 by f.a.serhal
Replied by f.a.serhal on topic Survey summary and Export to PDF
Thank you all for your responses!
We will try the suggested plugins.

@holch, I meant that i just found it weird this bug was not priorized. I admit it is personal evaluation of the bug: because i need this feature, i am considering it annoying... quite confident that Limesurvey has several other critical bugs to adress as well.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 11 months ago #215766 by DenisChenu

@holch, I meant that i just found it weird this bug was not priorized. I admit it is personal evaluation of the bug: because i need this feature, i am considering it annoying... quite confident that Limesurvey has several other critical bugs to adress as well.

Personnaly ;: i report the issue, and think it's a big issue.

BUT : i report a lot of bug … sometimes LimeSurvey GMBH team think i'm just a Bug reporter …

More
2 years 11 months ago #215837 by auforg
Replied by auforg on topic Survey summary and Export to PDF
Actually, we are a paying customer, and the support just replied us with something which felt like: go dev' it yourself! (exaggeration intended ;-) )

So, thanks a lot for these plugins suggestions. Now, let's hope they'll accept to install them on our hosted instance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #215838 by holch

Actually, we are a paying customer, and the support just replied us with something which felt like: go dev' it yourself!

Yes, you are paying for the hosting of Limesurvey, but not for the software itself. So I am not surprised that they are not stopping everything else to help you there.

I just thought it might be worth a try to see if they might prioritize this. But as I said, I didn't really expect it. But you never know.

I mean, for the couple of bugs per month that are paid for the Limesurvey hosting, one can't really expect much of customization/priority, I guess.

There are many bugs that I personally would consider much more important to fix, so there we go.

Let's see if they install the plugins for you. If not, you'll have to find alternatives, if you really need these functions, like for example host LS yourself and install the plugins, or find another tool that does what you need out of the box.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #215861 by DenisChenu

There are many bugs that I personally would consider much more important to fix, so there we go.

PDF answers bug is a more than 2 years old,
The PDF export is used by a lot of user

What bug are more important to fix (in 3X) ?

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: PDF answers bug is a more than 2 years old,
  • holch
More
2 years 11 months ago #215879 by holch
I don't know, Denis. But obviously there are, other wise it would be fixed, wouldn't it? ;-)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose