Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Email Template param dont work in custom template.

• bathanus
  • bathanus's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #230731 by bathanus
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.3.23
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hi, I use a custom template to send emails the manual recomends using this @@SURVEYURL@@ to put the URL of survey in a custom template, this work fine in most browser with gmail, outlook, etc. But when i use a desktop aplication like outlook mail the button  '<"a href="@@SURVEYURL@@">answer now </a">' get a shorted url like the attachment, if i try using {SURVEYURL} into the html code of the button them is not displayed correctly.

Any idea of what is happening? some other way of get the survey url into the html template?

thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 8 months ago #230748 by holch
Wait a second. So you are trying to send the invites via outlook and expect Limesurvey to be able to insert the survey URL into the Email template created in Outlook?

Using these codes only works if you send the invitations via Limesurvey. If you want to send the emails via your desktop email application, you will need to create your own "serial letter" to insert survey links. You will have to get a list of the links to import.

So please explain what you are trying to do here.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• bathanus
  • bathanus's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #230749 by bathanus
No, I don't think I explained myself well, the email configuration that this is is limesurvey using SMTP, lime sends emails with the custom email template, when the email arrives in a gmail or outlook mailbox it works, the strange problem occurs when the mail is viewed from a desktop application such as outlook mail, where the link arrives wrong and the survey cannot be accessed.

I've come to think that the problem may be with the application but I wanted to confirm this, I don't think I'm the only one it has happened to.

• tpartner
More
1 year 8 months ago #230750 by tpartner
That odd URL is not injected by LimeSurvey. It looks like it's modified by the email client. I would start there.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• holch
More
1 year 8 months ago #230759 by holch
I agree with Tpartner. Limesurvey will send the emails the same way. It won't know where it will be opened. It plain and stupid sends the same code to everyone. Of course, there is always a chance that there is going something wrong, but if there is appearing completely different code as you are showing, the problem must come from somewhere within the software you are using. It doesn't just magically appear.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose