Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Feature to upload file in a answer after the survey answer is completed

• alain.bouquet
  • alain.bouquet's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #227352 by alain.bouquet
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition
Version 3.27.19+210928
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
(Write here your question/remark)
Hello,
I have read a lot of remarks and it was apprently still not done ?
Can you confirm that we can not upload file (on question type "Upload") after the survey answer is completed (event with the admin option when editing the answer).
It is very strange because a lot of demands go in that hope ...
Some help please ?
Thanks
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by alain.bouquet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 11 months ago #227362 by holch
I haven't seen a demand for uploading a file AFTER a survey was completed so far in the forum and I hang out here quite a lot.

Could you give an example, where this would make sense, for me to understand what you are trying to do?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
1 year 11 months ago #227363 by jelo

Can you confirm that we can not upload file (on question type "Upload") after the survey answer is completed (event with the admin option when editing the answer).

What is the admin option? 

@holch
Perhaps it's about uploading a file while editing answers in the backend.
You can think of projects where people forget to upload a file and sent it via email attachment.
And someone tries to add the file to the complete survey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• holch
More
1 year 11 months ago #227364 by holch
This is an option, but why would this be so necessary? I find getting the files a pain, so why uploading them first to them go through the pain to get them back? ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• alain.bouquet
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #227370 by alain.bouquet
@jelo

Hello,

That'exactly the problem...
What i mean by "Admin Options" : i would have written : An Limesurvey admin in his admin interface. If the user send us by email (after completing the answer" the file in a normal email, even an admin of lime surver cannot re-link this file ti the answer because if (in my role of Admin) go to Edit mode of that answer, i can not see the way to upload it in the answer ....
So finally,  the participant itself can not do this (if he had no made a save of his answer, and the option of making "multiples answer" is active) and sometimes he closed the answer and forget to upload .. it is not an exception. And by the side of conceptors/administrators we can not the relink anymore !!!??? or i did not see the way ...

• alain.bouquet
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #227371 by alain.bouquet
@holch

Hello

Many items in this forum talks about that lack ... i have seen them ...

• alain.bouquet
More
1 year 11 months ago #227372 by alain.bouquet
@holch,

Again, many users close their answer, without making a save, and they forget to upload a file (question type "Uploadinf a file").
So they can not go back to their answer because it is closed and we active the option "Allow to give many answers with the same user".
So when they clink tothe departure clicn, they are invited to make a new answer and they can not go back to the initial answer ...
So they send us the file by an external email ... And us, in the role of conceptor/admin we can not relink the file to the initial answer in the edit mode of this answer ...
I can not be no more clear ...
Your advise ?

More
1 year 11 months ago #227374 by jelo
There is no feature for that. I recommend to submit or search for a feature request for that. I find it a valid feature request to be able to edit the complete response set (which would include uploads).

I have no feeling if many users asking for that feature, but I wasn't able to find a feature request in the database. And without a feature request the chance to get an implemenation is zero.

A workaround for tokenbased surveys might be to to add a second hidden upload question into the survey and only show that question when reaccessing the survey with a URL parameter to just show this uploadquestion. That way you could upload the file into the response set). Other workarounds would depend on how you identify people when sending you files for upload (e.g. creating a helper survey for uploads).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• alain.bouquet
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #227377 by alain.bouquet
At least :
forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...en-editting-response
and
forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...tailed-email-results

And it would be surprising that  wa are the only one to have that ...

Because when participant forget something and close their answer, how cant they go back, tohave the file attached to the answer ?

Perhaps there are no official request ... h=what is the url to make that ?
But the pb is really there ... it is surprising that the EDIT MODE can not change such a field ??? No ?

• alain.bouquet
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #227378 by alain.bouquet
@Jelo
Thanks for your anwser but it means that the survey is not closed .. In my case it is ..

Another question linked : when we (in the edit mode) put the field "Completed" from Yes to No, why can not we go back to the survey for participation ?

Reput "No" to that field does not mean that we can reopen it to modify ?

• holch
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #227425 by holch
I understand your request. But at the end of the day, you want these files that respondents upload for download, right? Having them in Limesurvey is not the end goal. I am just wondering, why go through all the hassle to reupload them, when you later will analyze them downloaded anyway. But OK, I don't know your exact processes.

One solution to at least prevent respondents to "forget" to upload the files would be to make the file upload question mandatory.

Feature requests are submitted via the bugtracker (choose the correct option on the top right I think).

However, don't get your hopes up too high for this feature to be implemented any time soon, at least not without some kind of sponsorship. I currently see very little additional features making it into Limesurvey, the focus seems to be on improving the GUI.

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by holch.

• alain.bouquet
More
1 year 11 months ago #227460 by alain.bouquet
Hello Holch

I m not sure to have understood all of what you explain, in your first section...

However, I just want to have the file (forgotten t upload) to be part of the response !  as if the answerer did it during his completion ! Simple !.

And we can not act on "mandatory" because it is perhaps one file between 2 or 3 and also, regards ofmy kowledge, this type of question can not be mandatory ... it is also a pb...
We can play with the number of file (>= 1 for instance). but in our case, it can be more than 1 and with no max .... So how can we detect the lack ? it is not the aim ... The aim is to allow to add a file if necessary on this response !

But, even if the requests, for that pb, are not so high, it s surprising that the "Edit Mode" does not preview the modification of such a field ??? It is like a bug according to me.
When you implement an "Edit form" of a response, it must concerns all the questions of the responses ??? No ?

Thanks ...

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose