Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SPSS Export

• systemtipz
  • systemtipz's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #223174 by systemtipz
SPSS Export was created by systemtipz
Hi, we are using limesurvey 5.2.7 and tryin to export data as spss format but there s no spss option under the export menu. i checked the spss export plugin (ExportSPSSsav) working under plugins menu. Can you help what s the issue? 
ps. using community editon.

Please help us help you and fill where relevant:

Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Theme:

==================
[Write here your question/remark]
The topic has been locked.
  • systemtipz
  • systemtipz's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #223177 by systemtipz
Replied by systemtipz on topic SPSS Export
Lol are you high on development! Build in user has no rights the reports!!!!!!!!!!! Perfedict development! When i open new user and give the rights problem solved but I've never seen such stupidity. dammit u took my 3 hours!
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 3 months ago #223178 by holch
Replied by holch on topic SPSS Export
Please contain yourself with this type of comments.

The developers have spent a little bit more than 3 hours to give you this piece of software, and for free by the way. So I am not sure if this is the way to "thank them".

But to be honest, I personally (and probably a lot of other users) find it quite good, that you need to apply rights to the user actively and that not every new user gets all rights from the beginning. Just had this case this week. Wanted to give a user only access to view and export the responses, nothing else. It was good that this user did not get any rights during creation, because until I would have given the correct rights, this user could have used the given "power" of having all kinds of rights, until I would have reduced these rights. So I think the approach to create a user without any rights first, and then add the rights you want seems a pretty good approach to me.

And if you don't feel the same way, you can always participate actively by making a bug report or a feature request or even contributing code by making a pull request.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose