Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Forced to upgrade surveys using questionExtraSurvey & arrayTextAdapt

• jlwood
  • jlwood's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #219358 by jlwood
Because of a server shutdown we've been forced to port two surveys that have been running for a few years on an older LS installation to a new V5 install of Limesurvey. We'd hoped to just let them finish on the old system, but that wasn't possible. The surveys depended on two plugins: questionExtraSurvey & arrayTextAdapt developed by DenisChenu. So far I haven't got them working in the Version 5 Does anyone know if they're is a working version of these for LS5?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 7 months ago #219382 by holch
I would contact Denis directly regarding these plugins.

But why did you not just install a older version where these work (e.g. 3.x - check if they work there).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • jlwood
More
2 years 7 months ago #219383 by jlwood
I've installed the most recent versions I can find. Both are said to work in 3.x, but nothing about 5.x. I've tried to reach out to the developer, but also wanted to know if anyone else knows. I'm not in a position to downgrade to 3.x, but I see that there are some recent mentions of the questionExtraSurvey plugin elsewhere, so hoped someone may be using either it or the other in an updated LS. Maybe even have a patch or know where one can be found.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219415 by DenisChenu

I've installed the most recent versions I can find. Both are said to work in 3.x, but nothing about 5.x. I've tried to reach out to the developer, but also wanted to know if anyone else knows.

?

Else questionExtraSurvey need a lot of work : related to different plugin, need to start by rewrite ALL gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/getQuestionInformation plugin.
Then : lot of time …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlwood
  • jlwood
More
2 years 7 months ago #219621 by jlwood
Thank you for the info. Sorry I didn't see your response sooner. I'll try to find a different solution for the use of questionExtraSurvey. Is the answer the same for the arrayTextAdapt plugin?
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219643 by DenisChenu
About arrayTextAdapt : maybe you can try to update config.xml, i'm totally unsure on the fix to do.
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/97..._index_menu.twig#L56

Try adding <version>5</version> and see what happen.
If it work : please create a pull request.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose