Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Help!! Panel provider says psid value not captured. my spss says it is. HELP!!

• mujibm
  • mujibm's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #216902 by mujibm
Hello,
So I have set up the panel integration function for the survey to terminate when respondents fail a screening question. The link looks like  dkr1.ssisurveys.com/projects/end?rst=2&p...e{PASSTHRU:Terminate }. When they fail they are redirected to the panel provider. My SPSS shows it captured the value for the answer as it was terminated. See attached   .

However, the provider says the value isn't defined?!?  The exit link I was given for terminate is  dkr1.ssisurveys.com/projects/end?rst=2&psidTerminate  

but the exit link provider wants is 
  • "There is still no value defined for psid, and it isn’t put into the exit URL;  we also don’t want “Terminate=”
           This is what the exit link should have looked like for my test:            dkr1.ssisurveys.com/projects/end?rst=2&p...6vI2TmMHvemltdCsag**            This has to be in place for our system to work properly with yours.  Let us know when you sort out the capture for psid value, and set up the proper redirect paths. This isn’t working just because you captured an answer.  The psid is not captured and inserted back in the exit link."

I don't understand the question. Please help! 
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 9 months ago #216907 by jelo
The panel is accessing your survey with an additional value in the URL.
That value seems to be &psid and will have the id of the panel respondent.

The easiest way is to add a hidden textquestion to the first group with the name psid.
Then you use the panelintegration and assign psid to the question psid.

In the exiting URLs from LimeSurvey to the panelprovider you place "&psid={psid}" .

I don't know your panel provider, but you will have received infos about how they access your survey and what kind of exit links.

Forget about passthrough. Nobody here use passthrough.

Take a look at this here:
manual.limesurvey.org/Panel_integration

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • mujibm
  • mujibm's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #216908 by mujibm
Thank you so much for getting back!! I followed the step by step from the manual you shared and sent it to them for a better communication. Didn't help cause they didn't read it.
I did create a long text question. then added the parameters- terminate/complete. My spss captured the value but their server didn't. What I understood that they wanted me to name the parameters 'psid' and not terminate.

Getting rid of PASSTHRU is music to my ears!!
Btw, I had to use quotas and assign target answers that will lead to terminate the survey. Is this normal or is there another easier way?

Thank you!!
More
2 years 9 months ago #216909 by jelo

My spss captured the value but their server didn't. What I understood that they wanted me to name the parameters 'psid' and not terminate.

The panel staff hasn't to read manuals of survey tools. They know their stuff.

If the EndURL and Quota-URLs are not correctly done, the PSID might be saved in your results, but not transferred to the panel server.
You can easily check if the URLs are correctly constructed when deactivating Autoload.
In 99 percent it's a bug in the URL construction. And in  one percent of the time LimeSurvey has a bug in the EndURL. That is my impression of the last ten years here.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 9 months ago #216910 by Joffm
As @jelo.

And your first and second mistakes are
The exit link I was given for terminate is  dkr1.ssisurveys.com/projects/end?rst=2&psidTerminate  

1. there is no equal sign between the parameter name "psid" and the value
2. The value "Terminate" is obviously wrong. Here you usually return the id that was added to the link by the panel company

You see, "rst" seems to be the result of this respondent ("complete", "screenout", "quota full") 
and in "psid" the panel company wants to know which one of its members completed the questionnaire and whom they hav to pay.

And as you use "panel integration" you defined a question where you store this parameter and just add it to the end url.
As jelo already mentioned, "PASSTHRU" is not used,  and in my opinion is outdated since there is "panel integration".

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: mujibm

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose