Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Importing survey through VPN

• Ismaouste
  • Ismaouste's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #206817 by Ismaouste
Importing survey through VPN was created by Ismaouste
Hello Limesurvey community!

I've been working with a nonprofit for 3 months to design a survey that will save them the struggle of writing everything on paper and then typing it in a spreadsheet. Limesurvey is perfect for that and the design is easy.
After deploying limesurvey on our own internal server with a VPN (access is at a static ip adress), the import in Offline Survey with a TUN VPN activated worked perfectly.

This week we finished the final version of the survey but the import in Offline Survey doesn't work.
"Checking internet availability"

After a while it states :
"Error: Internet Unavailable"

I have no idea where this error is coming from. I've learnt by heart the prerequisite settings and common errors from the Offline Survey website (and it used to work fine!).

I've noticed something interesting though:
  • Start the import with VPN paused
  • Activate the VPN while it's checking the survey URL
  • And this is what I get: it loads and displays the survey in a modal

Is there anyone here who would know what is happening here and where does it get stuck :dry: ?

PS: I'd like to thank all the contributors to this great project and the community for the really helpful threads on this forums (that were really useful many times already!).
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 5 months ago #208106 by aaskoura
Replied by aaskoura on topic Importing survey through VPN
Hi we need internet while adding a new survey and syncing responses to connect to our remote Firebase Back-end (for licensing and security purposes)
More
3 years 1 month ago #212799 by Santoke5
Replied by Santoke5 on topic Importing survey through VPN
I'm a newbie here. I also want to be part of the survey through VPN. Which VPN are you using?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose