Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Export a VV survey file is not working for a specific survey

• DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #265998 by DanielVN
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
LimeSurvey version: 2.73.0+171219
Own server or LimeSurvey Cloud: own server
Survey theme/template: own template
==================
Hi,

I'm trying to export a VV survey file from a survey with nearly 32000 respondents. The reason for this is that i need to copy the survey and add some additional answers and question. When I click on the export button I'm getting the text below:"Hmmm… can't reach this pageIt looks like the webpage at  vnmarketresearch.eu/panel/index.php/admi...port/surveyid/527521  might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE"

The VV survey file export seems to work fine for other surveys with less respondents, so I assume that the issue is due to the number of respondents.

Could you please advise how to proceed in this case?

Cheers
Daniel 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #266002 by holch
First things first: Your version (LS 2.73.0+171219) is ancient. It hasn't received any bug fixes, security updates or anything for 6,5 years. It is EOL for a couple of years now and doesn't receive any support anymore. On top of that, it wasn't even the last version of this branch of Limesurvey and this branch of Limesurvey was probably one of the worst every published. So I highly recommend to do an update to the latest version of Limesurvey. In times of GDPR collecting possibly persona data with a software that is so old and hasn't been updated for so long is not a good idea. You also seem to run this in a professional environment and I highly doubt that any judge will deem this "state of the art software" in case of a data breach.

Besides all the concerns about bugs and security, there is also the aspect that Limesurvey has improved a lot since.

Now to your issue: Sounds like you are running into some server limits, due to the big number of entries. You should have a look at the limits set in PHP on your server, e.g. max execution time of scripts, max vars, possibly also the maximum memory allocated.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• holch
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #266225 by holch

You could try exporting the survey in smaller batches

Afaik, Limesurvey doesn't allow to split up VV-Exports. It is all nor nothing (the only thing is you can decide if you want to include incomplete answers or not).

If the problem persists, consider reaching out to LimeSurvey support for more detailed assistance.

Limesurvey support for the community edition is this forum. There is no other instance one can reach out to, to get support for a self hosted Limesurvey. That said, the forum has very limited possibilities to help with such an outdated version that is EOL for a long time now.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Moderators: holchtpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose