Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error Encountered After Updating LimeSurvey from Version 3 to 5.6.56

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #265219 by sish
Please help us help you and fill where relevant: After updating LimeSurvey from version 3 to version 5, This problem affects the functionality of adding options in the survey questions.
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.56
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: 
Survey theme/template:
==================An error occurs whenever I click the "+" icon to add options in any question and the system displays an error message which is, "An error occurred while processing the ajax request." This issue prevents the addition of new options in the survey questions, hindering our ability to create and modify surveys effectively.

By debugging the code, I discovered that the URL being passed includes the "survey id" parameter, while the code expects this parameter as "sid." May be this issue occurs by mismatching parameters. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #265220 by holch
Did you try to clear the asset cache already?

Also, how was the update done? Via comfort update? Manual update? In this case, how were the files uploaded? FTP?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #265221 by holch
And while you are at it, when you fixed the issue: continue with upgrading to LS6, as LS5 is EOL as well since the first of this month.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #265230 by sish
Yes I have cleared asset cache.

I upgraded manually flowing the doc, will paste the url of the said doc,

manual.limesurvey.org/index.php?title=Up...any_later_version.29

• holch
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #265242 by holch
Limesurvey contains a lot of files and in my experience it happens quite frequently that when uploading the files via FTP, not all files get transferred. This could be the issue here, but not sure.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose