Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is Limesurvey 6.x ready for production?

• linuxhooligan
  • linuxhooligan's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago #264304 by linuxhooligan
Is Limesurvey 6.x ready for production? was created by linuxhooligan
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.55+240220
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: self
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
Hi guys.

QUESTION:  Is Limesurvey 6.x ready for production? 

CONTEXT:

1) We started testing out Lime last year with 6.x  and we ran into some show stopper bugs that forced us to go with 5.x for now as we could not find any bug or issue that was even visible to us in our daily production.  Unfortunately I do not have my original notes as to why I had to downgrade from 6.x, that would help me better judge how to move forward.

2) Recently I have had to create 300+ question surveys, sometimes with a rather substantial number of questions per group and I have run into a bug with re-ordering of the questions.  Without getting into a too long to read description, this bug was originally in 3.x, it kind of seems to now exist in 5.6.55.x but it is kind of limited in scope and for the current moment I can work around the issue so it isn't quite a show stopper although it is cutting it close.

As part of our strategic look forward, we had conversations with consultancies about a year or so ago about using 6.x and the sentiment was that 6.x would become production "stable / ready" around summer of this year or so in various peoples opinions.

At the risk of perhaps causing controversy (and apologies if I do, it is not my intention), I am curious if anyone here can speak to the current 6.5.x, it's use in production.  Do you feel it is fully production ready?  Are there any showstopper or concerning bugs in 6.5.x to keep an eye on before taking the plunge?  Is there a community wide consensus around it become production stable / ready around right now?  Can it handle large surveys (300+ questions) and might have anyone seen any issues around the re-ordering of questions in a survey?

I really admire Limesurvey, the team and the community.   It truly is a great product and I am tremendously confident in 5.x for sure.  It meets our needs and I do have fond memories of testing 6.x last year as well.  I wanted to get some feedback from the community so that I can get a counter-perspective as I am bout to dive in again and run it through another set of tests.

Absolutely any feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: holchtpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose