Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Detailed Survey Log File

• ventolinmono
  • ventolinmono's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #229471 by ventolinmono
Detailed Survey Log File was created by ventolinmono
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 5.1.10+210913
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================

Hi

I see that for each survey there's a section about "Publication and access settings" where there's info on Start date/time and Expiration date/time. Sometimes I stop and execute surveys to test or correct things and I'm not sure if Start date/time is the last time the survey was started or the first time it started. The same for Expiration  date/time. Is there somewhere a log file where Stop and Execute events get registered and timestamped? Sometimes it's useful to know the total amount of time a surveyed was open.

Thank you.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 9 months ago #229472 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Detailed Survey Log File
Hi,
this is not an Info but a setting.
Here you decide in which datetime range an active survey is accessible.

E.g. You activate a survey (about a special event starting at 10 o'clock) before you leave the office, but want to make sure that the survey only can be answered after the end of that event, and not before.

Same with the expiration. The survey cannot be accessed after a certain date.
This way you do not have to sit in front of your computer to deactivate the survey exactly on midnight, 22nd of June.

As you might have seen in the participants table each participant can have his own start and expiration date.

I am not really sure what you want to log.
The time you worked on a survey?

Please, explain.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• ventolinmono
  • ventolinmono's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #229498 by ventolinmono
Replied by ventolinmono on topic Detailed Survey Log File
Hi, thanks Joffm for your answer.

I realize I can configure start and expire times under "Settings > Publication & access control settings". I was referring to where that info is displayed under "Overview > Publication and access settings". I though here times were registered according to Activate/Stop manual actions but it seems that it is only to display the info configured under "Settings > Publication & access control settings".

As I was trying to explain, sometimes I activate and stop surveys to test them and would like to see a log where this manual actions get registered with timestamps, for example if I forgot what date I activated and stopped the survey manually and need to know for how long the survey was open.

:)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose