Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

EM variables are not be rendered in Basic Admin Notification Email Template

• cpmadmin
  • cpmadmin's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #228064 by cpmadmin
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
i created several questions as variables and am able to do necessary calculations and generate reports on separate question (text display) as well as on the end survey page. 
My problem is that i copied the text (including place holders in the Basic Admin Notifications Email Template.  However, it only displays the placeholder variable not the value. 

Is there something that i am missing?  
Thanks in advance. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #228067 by jelo
You raise your chances for support when fill out the questions.
I recommend to create a simple survey with one variable you want to see in the admin notification.
If that is not working, you might attach an LSS export here in the forum to let others try to reproduce the issue.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: cpmadmin

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 11 months ago #228073 by holch
As Jelo, please answer the basic questions that appear when you start a new thread. E.g. the Limesurvey version might be very important here.

However:

My problem is that i copied the text (including place holders in the Basic Admin Notifications Email Template. However, it only displays the placeholder variable not the value.

How do you copy them? Is the WYSIWYG Editor on or off? Did you copy the text into the source code? To me it sounds as if you have just copied the code into the editor, where the brackets are converted so that Limesurvey will not interprete them. You need to copy it as source code or it won't work.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• cpmadmin
  • cpmadmin's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #228080 by cpmadmin
Thanks all.

i noticed previously that the closing double quotes were converted. n this scenario, there were several embedded additional <p>  and <br> tags surrounded by { } (variables indicators. When i cleaned that up, the variables worked correctly.  
Just a note to everyone
1) always paste to Code View and not the Visual Editor as i have noticed that strings are added or modified.  
2) validate the page using the validate code button if the variables are functioning correctly they will be highlighted in yellow

Thanks again.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose