Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Permissions allowing participants access aren't working

• nickha
  • nickha's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #222562 by nickha
We have a bunch of surveys set up, and a lot of our staff only have access to Participants and Responses on them. It was working fine, but after some recent update, those users were complaining that they couldn't see Participants anymore. I logged in as them and verified this, and also saw that some non-admin users with more access to particular surveys still had participants. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that the permission for 'Survey settings' grants users permission to both 'Survey settings' and 'Participants'. Granting access to 'Participants' doesn't seem to do anything at all anymore. Is this just a bug that I should report on the bug tracker?

Thanks,
Nick
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by nickha.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 4 months ago #222565 by DenisChenu
LimeSurvey version ?
Screenshot of User permission on Survey permission ?
Screenshot ot User permission on SurveyGroup permission ?

Maybe show DB with id of this user and id of survey in Permission table if you're able.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • nickha
  • nickha's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #222625 by nickha
Version 5.2.4+211129
Survey permission screenshot:

We haven't touched survey groups, so all of our surveys are just all in the default survey group without anyone added to the permissions for it. Could that be an issue?

Also, a screenshot of these SQL results:
SELECT * FROM lime_permissions WHERE entity_id = <my survey ID here> AND uid = 50

Database looks okay to me. However, with those settings, the users still just see this for side-menu options:

I did some more testing, and they just need 'Update' permissions on 'Survey settings' before participants will show up for them on the left menu. However, if they happen to know the URL, the participants page still shows up and works without those 'Survey settings' permissions. It's like visibility on the side bar for participants is now linked only to the Survey settings\Update permission. It used to show without that permission. Thanks for looking at this.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
2 years 4 months ago #222630 by DenisChenu

Version 5.2.4+211129

I did some more testing, and they just need 'Update' permissions on 'Survey settings' before participants will show up for them on the left menu. However, if they happen to know the URL, the participants page still shows up and works without those 'Survey settings' permissions. It's like visibility on the side bar for participants is now linked only to the Survey settings\Update permission. It used to show without that permission. Thanks for looking at this.

OK, great : seems there are an issue in default menu …
BUT : there are another issue to eit it …

Best : report the issue

If needed you can update database or survey menues entry (but you need to find the link).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose