Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token persistance not working?

• joebloggs1987
  • joebloggs1987's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #220049 by joebloggs1987
Token persistance not working? was created by joebloggs1987
Hi team,

I've got a handful of different surveys that are token-based and use token persistence to save partially completed responses.
For some reason just recently it seems that the token persistence isn't working for some responses. I'd estimate that 95%+ of tokens are working correctly, but up to 5% do not save the response progress when the respondent resumes the survey.

To clarify:
1. I enter the token and complete half of the survey, then close the browser.
2. I re-enter the token, and the survey has gone back to the start rather than continuing from the question I was up to.
3. I check the response data and all of the response data is still saved. Even when going through the questions for the second time, the data from the first attempt is still retained, but is overwritten as the questions are completed a second time.

Also I can confirm that it is not creating a new survey response in the data. It is definitely still referencing the same survey response ID.

Is there a fix for this, or an idea on what it is that would be causing the issue?
It seems strange that it only effects a very small percentage of the tokens, but token persistence is extremely crucial for the purpose that I'm using it for so a solution would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Limesurvey version 3.27.9.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by joebloggs1987.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 6 months ago #220054 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Token persistance not working?
> 3. I check the response data and all of the response data is still saved. Even when going through the questions for the second time, the data from the first attempt is still retained, but is overwritten as the questions are completed a second time.

Seems to be an issue with step ? You update something in survey settings ?

current step is saved in lastpage column.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • joebloggs1987
  • joebloggs1987's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #220212 by joebloggs1987
Replied by joebloggs1987 on topic Token persistance not working?
Nothing has been updated in the survey settings that I'm aware of. It seems strange that it only affects a small number of tokens, but most work fine.
This has now been happening across all surveys, so it doesn't appear to be survey specific either.

I just did a test with one of the tokens that has been having the issue and clicked through to page 20, then when closing the survey and reentering the token it is back to the first page, and the "lastpage" field is set to 0. All of the data is still in the responses, but does not appear on the screen for the respondent, so the data gets overwritten the second time they go through the survey.

Also, another thing I noticed was that the datestamp field is not updating correctly, and seems to be locked to the date of the first time the token was entered. For example, I have one completed survey with a submitdate of the 24th, but the datestamp and startdate both indicate the 16th. There are also other tokens which used to have a datestamp of 23rd that are now showing the datestamp as the 21st (the first time the token was used).
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by joebloggs1987.
More
2 years 6 months ago #220247 by formula
Replied by formula on topic Token persistance not working?
Hi. We are having the same issue with token persistence. Nothing has changed with the survey.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose