Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Import answers from old server after migration and update?

• limesurvey_asker
  • limesurvey_asker's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #219715 by limesurvey_asker
Hello,

I migrated limesurvey from Server A to Server B. It was a substantial update from 2.x. At the same time, I also updated the Limesurvey Version and the design templates, which probabably updates the upload folder?

Now Server A has new answers that I need to transfer to Server B. What do I do? Do the whole migration again completely?
Or just do the database migration and leave the upload folder on Server B untouched? (This would lead to an old database + new upload folder. Could that cause problems?)
Or can you just import the new answers and leave the rest untouched?

thanks in advance!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by limesurvey_asker.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 7 months ago #219723 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219732 by DenisChenu
> Limesurvey Version and the design templates, which probabably updates the upload folder?

If only LimeSurvey version and design template : no reason of upload directory for SURVEY updated :).

> Or can you just import the new answers and leave the rest untouched?

VV to import new answers
But : maybe it's best to check if you can delete survey in the new instance and import survey archive ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • limesurvey_asker
  • limesurvey_asker's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #219737 by limesurvey_asker
Replied by limesurvey_asker on topic Import answers from old server after migration and update?
Thanks for your tips.
" If only LimeSurvey version and design template : no reason of upload directory for SURVEY updated :)."

I think then the overarching question is: How would limesurvey database on "Version 2.64.1+170310" respond to be put into an installation of version 3.26
Before: Installation + Uploadfolder coherent to Version 2.64
After: Installation on 3.26 + Upload folder like before, but the folder for templates is altered.

The thing is: If I went down route, I would also have to update another database with tokens, which gives tokens to users. Because that database holds like 4000 Tokens, but in the Limesurvey Database I see 14000 Tokens that are completed='N'. I would expect both numbers to be the same. And therefore, I don't really trust that other database.

So maybe instead of retrofitting two databases, I will just do the standard approach and completely import the two old databases, like I already practiced.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by limesurvey_asker.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose