Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Email to new users fails after ComfortUpdate

• markhooten
  • markhooten's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #218525 by markhooten
Lime Survey on Ionos Hosting.
Community Version 3.27.9+210726

Email to new users (survey admins) worked fine after initial install but stopped working after previous update.  Error states: Add user | Warning | Email to <Username> (<UserEmail>) failed.

Checked SMTP Settings: Set to Ionos SMTP settings with Username and Password for account plus SSL/TLS security.

Help?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 8 months ago #218526 by holch
It is quite hard to help, with the details provided.

From what I understand, you are not sure after which update this fails, could have been a few on the way, right? And from what I understand, in this case it might actually not even necessarily Limesurvey related?

I haven't read of any problem with emails lately. Of course, this doesn't mean we can exclude 100% that there is no problem in Limesurvey. The version is from yesterday, should 3.27.9+210726 have triggered this issue, there might be not so many that have had the situattion of adding a new user.

Can you use this email account with an email client like Outlook/Thunderbird? What happens when you try to send emails via this?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ollehar
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
2 years 8 months ago #218527 by ollehar
Replied by ollehar on topic Email to new users fails after ComfortUpdate
We've updated the PHPMailer library, which perhaps has caused this. Can you enable debug => 2 in application/config/config.php? Then try again and give us a screenshot of any error. Not a copy-paste of the text, but an actual screenshot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 8 months ago #218529 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Email to new users fails after ComfortUpdate

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose