Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

config.php file missing

• friveravilla
  • friveravilla's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #217709 by friveravilla
config.php file missing was created by friveravilla
I'm having issues with the database creation part of the installation process for my localhost. I get the following message:

Please fix the following input errors:
  • Try again! Connection with database failed.
  • Reason: CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.
  • Try again! Creation of database failed.
  • Could not create database: CREATE DATABASE `tester` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Please check your credentials.
I was told that to solve this problem I need to access the config.php file, but my limesurvey/application/config folder doesn't have it. I have no idea what might be causing this. I was told the problem could be related to write permissions so I disabled the UAC, gave full control to all users, modified the attributes of the folder with cmd commands, searched my laptop for corrupted files after a windows update... everything to no avail.
I have reached the point where I do not know anything anymore: not why the config.php file is missing, not how can I get one, nor what could I do to create a database to work with.

It may be relevant to mention that the first time I installed Limesurvey, it worked just fine (in spite of the warning message stating that UAC didn't allow for write permissions in C drive). It wasn't until I turned off my PC and attempted to use limesurvey again the next day that the browser failed to connect. In my foolishness, I deleted the whole XAMPP folder (and therefore limesurvey) using windows safe mode and reinstalled everything again, but this time config.php was missing and I never got to see the file again. It just won't generate, even when I decompress limesurvey outside of C drive.

How can I get the missing file?
If the problem is not the file (maybe config-default.php is covering for it), then how can I solve the issue?

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose