Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Database configuration issue - SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045]

• Limer1
  • Limer1's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #216251 by Limer1
I tried installing limesurvey using softaculous in cpanel and it works, except for not being able to access in survey settings notifications & data among others. So I decided to install manually. I followed all the steps untill I arrived to the limesurvey setup - database setup page. Filled the fields in and I get this error "SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'makumaro_limeuser '@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I tried making a database with the setup, also tried making a database myself, neither works. I think the setup isn't connecting to the database.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 11 months ago #216253 by tpartner
I don't think it's a LimeSurvey issue. Contact your hosting support.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
2 years 11 months ago #216263 by jelo

I tried making a database with the setup, also tried making a database myself, neither works. I think the setup isn't connecting to the database.

You need to create a database and a database user/password via the cpanel database section. You also need to assign permissions to the user that LimeSurvey can add tables etc.
That is not releated or special for LimeSurvey. That is the is case for every webapplication you want to run with access to the database.

Consult the cPanel manual or the support of your hosting provider.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 10 months ago #216987 by DenisChenu

i am also facing same issue, how can i solve this

Answer :

You need to create a database and a database user/password via the cpanel database section. You also need to assign permissions to the user that LimeSurvey can add tables etc.
That is not releated or special for LimeSurvey. That is the is case for every webapplication you want to run with access to the database.

Consult the cPanel manual or the support of your hosting provider.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose