Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Upgrade path from 3.15.9+190214

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #212817 by mll
Upgrade path from 3.15.9+190214 was created by mll
Hi everyone,

I'm kicking some dust from my outdated LimeSurvey setup, which is in 3.15.9+190214. 

I'd like to upgrade. The Configuration > Comfort Update page tells me that 3.25.16 (210302) is available.  community.limesurvey.org/downloads/ says thay indeed 3.25.16 is the LTS. Fine. Actually, I'd even rather use this LTS version tha the v4, for the sake of breaking less things.

Comfort Upgrade requires that I buy a key, and leads me to a 404 page . I guess sthat's just how my installation is.

So what upgrade path, and procedure, do you suggest I take? Manually upgrading can be fine for me.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by mll.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 month ago #212825 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Upgrade path from 3.15.9+190214

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
3 years 1 month ago #212847 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Upgrade path from 3.15.9+190214
And in addition to Denis answers:

Yes, stick with the latest version of 3.x right now.

LS 4.x is still not 100% stable, too many bugs that I would consider a show stopper. To play around it is fine, but for productive use go with LS 3.x for now. I personally think maybe towards the end of 2021 LS4 is ready to use in production.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose