Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installation with PostgreSQL UTF8 problem

• PMagel
  • PMagel's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #212792 by PMagel
Hello,

I want to install LimeSurvey on my local win machine with PostgreSQL instead of MySQL.
I got all the necessary things like Apache, PHP and PostgreSQL installed.
After I pasted the limesurvey folder in the htdocs folder, I go into my Browser and go to 'http://localhost/limesurvey' I'm greeted with the welcome page of the Installation. Then I select my preferred language and klick ‘start installation’. I accept the License.

After this I check the Pre-installation requirements and all the Minimum requirements are fulfilled. As my Optional Modules I only got the PHP zip library. Do I need more then this?

Then comes the part where I’m stuck, the Database configuration.
I don’t have a database and I want to create one with this step. So this is what I select as the input:

Database type: PostgreSQLDatabase location: localhostDatabase user: rootDatabase password: none, because it is not a required fieldDatabase name: database_lsTable prefix: lime_

After I klick on ‘Next’ I get leaded to the Database setting/Database creation page. It says:

"Database doesn't exist!
The database you specified does not exist:database_lsLimeSurvey can attempt to create this database for you."I klick on ‘Create database’ and get leaded back to the Database configuration. On this Page there is now a red Box telling me:

"Please fix the following input errors:Try again! Creation of database failed.Could not create database: CREATE DATABASE "database_ls" ENCODING 'UTF8'. Please check your credentials."

And there I’m stuck.I tried the installation on Win with the bitnami WAPP installation pack, then I tried it with a manual installation of Apache Lounge, PostgreSQL and Apache. After this I tried it on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.20 LTS) with the bitnami LAPP installation pack and as a last attempt I tried it with a manual installation on Linux. And always I got the same problem.I hope you can help me.
Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 month ago #212794 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Installation with PostgreSQL UTF8 problem
I personally would always create the database first outside of Limesurvey and then apply the credentials.

Seems like your credentials that you are using to create the database are not valid. I don't think that it has to do with UTF8, but rather you don't use the correct login / password to create the database.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• PMagel
  • PMagel's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #212834 by PMagel
Replied by PMagel on topic Installation with PostgreSQL UTF8 problem
Thank you, it is solved for me. Had to use the right IP for database.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose