Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User can see own Survey but can't access it

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #211811 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic User can see own Survey but can't access it
Yes ,

And i have the fix (and understand what happen)

You have the other issue : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=16958

For example : you muts allow "Connect via AuthDB" to role ? Else User with role can not log in ?

It's the way you want ?

can you explain how you use role ?
(and put some real user experience on 16958: User with roles can not have more rights … )

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #211818 by holch

It does not only prevent workflow, but of course enables all user to watch every other survey and the answers.

But you are aware that you are using a version of Limesurvey that is not declared "stable", right?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • mrn_fbuehler
  • mrn_fbuehler's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #211851 by mrn_fbuehler
Replied by mrn_fbuehler on topic User can see own Survey but can't access it

For example : you muts allow "Connect via AuthDB" to role ? Else User with role can not log in ?

Yes exactly. I'm not that familiar with LS, so I just thought that's the way it should be.

can you explain how you use role ?
(and put some real user experience on 16958: User with roles can not have more rights … )

I have one admin account and several users which are all in group "default" with permission as in the screenshot above. So all users are allowed to create their own surveys and do whatever they want with them. No other permissions.

I'm quite surprised how fast all this went, Bugreport, Pull Request, etc. Thanks for the effort.
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 2 months ago #211892 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic User can see own Survey but can't access it

I have one admin account and several users which are all in group "default" with permission as in the screenshot above. So all users are allowed to create their own surveys and do whatever they want with them. No other permissions.

Then you don't need (even in future) an user in default + (only) label editing rights ?

Else : fix is done for next release : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...0a357b587db02167dd23

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose