Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Data flow table

• jamiebillingham
  • jamiebillingham's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #211572 by jamiebillingham
Data flow table was created by jamiebillingham
Hi folks,

I'm trying to get LimeSurvey approved for use in a government organization. To do this I need to complete a Personal Information Flow Diagram and/or Personal Information Flow Table that shows exactl;y how email addresses and other personal information is handled.

I understand how data would flow if the surveys are set to anonomous (super simple right) but am not sure how this works if the survey is set up to Enable token-based response persistence or to  update responses with one token.

Are there data flow tables take I can use? I looked in the manual and couldn't find anything detailed enough.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 months ago #211580 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Data flow table
The data flow is on your side. Limesurvey will store the emails that you upload in the token table and when you send emails to the respondents it will send emails via the server that you configure. that's about it.

Not sure what you need for a flow diagram.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • jamiebillingham
More
3 years 2 months ago #211586 by jamiebillingham
Replied by jamiebillingham on topic Data flow table
Thanks, The flow diagram has to show where data goes on both sides. Personal information flow table    Description/purposeTypeAuthority1.Participant clicks an https link to LimeSurvey self assessment that will be embedded in an Articulate Rise course, or on an intranet page, hosted on an our server  2.LimeSurvey self assessment opens from LimeSurvey hosting server (in Canada)  3.Participant completes LimeSurvey self assessment and prints to pdf or paper for own use  4.Participant exits LimeSurvey self assessment  5.Responses are saved for analysis but are not linked to an individual  
I think this works as we will probably just use the anonymous option and avaoid tokens completely.

Is there a place to find out more about the anonymous settings and specifically more information about this line in the documentation."However, you will always be able to specifically view each response entered by your participants in the survey. Thus individual and anonymous analyses can still be done." 

I'm trying to figureout how difficult or easy it will be to report out on how many people accessed or completed the self asessments.
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #211587 by holch
You can always know how many completed the self assessment, as these assessments are stored in the results table.

Once someone starts a questionnaire a line n the database is created for this respondent (for this session). If the respondent doesn't complete the assessment, this will stay as an incomplete answer in the database and will show up in the response table. You have a line in the database for each started questionnaire. But you don't know who it is for, if you do not use a token table, but just give people the normal survey link (open survey vs. closed survey).

The anonymous option is only relevant when you are using a closed survey with tokens, because if you just have a normal survey link, anyone can access the survey and you won't know who it is (as long as you don't pass some variables from your intranet into a hidden question in the survey.

What happens when you use the anonymous option for a closed survey: You can not connect the data from the token table (e.g. Email, Name, whatever you store there) with the results. And you can use the info in the token table within the survey.

If the survey is not anonymous, you can use data stored in the token table in your survey. You could for example pipe the name into the welcome text to personalize the survey, etc. and you can also connect the data from the token table with the results during export.

That is the difference.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by holch.
  • jamiebillingham
More
3 years 2 months ago #211588 by jamiebillingham
Awesome, thaks so much! I thought that was how it worked but needed to be sure.
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #211589 by holch
I added to my answer probably after you read it. You might want to read it again. ;-)

• jamiebillingham
More
3 years 2 months ago #211590 by jamiebillingham
OK, so what we want is to NOT connect the responses to the individual - but we do want to be able to report out on how many people accessed and completed each self-assessment.

So we'd just post the link to the LimeSurvey and our employees would be able to access it and exit without providing email or other identifiers.

But then we need to be able look up how many times the LimeSurvey self assessment was completed. 

Can we do that?

• holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #211592 by holch
You have the results table where you can check how many completed and how many not completed there are.

And there is also a little overview for every survey, either in the list of surveys ( manual.limesurvey.org/File:Search_survey_list.png ) or in the statistics: manual.limesurvey.org/Statistics

• DenisChenu
More
3 years 2 months ago #211596 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Data flow table
In anonymous survey and particpant
  • In participant table : you know if user already answered to the survey, but without any date (how many people completed)
  • In response table : you have the reponse but no information about who do it. Same partcipant can create 1 000 response line, but can submit only one.
In not anonymous survey and particpant
  • Participant : you have date of submission and link to response
  • Response : you have the unique code of the participant. Admin user can get some information from tpoken (for example the email), but automatically : only token code is keep. Thois mean : oif you update token partcipant data after submission : you loose personnal information in reponse too.
​​​​​​​

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose