Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

internal server error

More
3 years 2 months ago #211313 by ITAVI
internal server error was created by ITAVI
Hello,
Limesurvey is installed on my hosted web server for 4 years, I never had a problem. Last week, I have this error when I validate the admin login an password (myURL/index.php/admin) :Erreur interne du serveur (Internal server error) L'alias « ext.PanelBoxWidget.PanelBoxWidget » est invalide. Vérifiez qu'il pointe vers un fichier PHP existant. "ext.PanelBoxWidget.PanelBoxWidget" alias is invalid. Check that it points to an axisting PHP file Une erreur interne est apparue lorsque le serveur web traitait votre requete. Veuillez contacter the webmaster pour signaler ce problème.
An internal error occurred while the web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.Merci.
Thank you.Have you an idea to help me to solve this trouble ? Thank you !!

The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 months ago #211348 by holch
Replied by holch on topic internal server error
From what I can see here, this PanelBoxWidget has been modified 17 Months ago for the last time:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/ma...sions/PanelBoxWidget

So I don't think the problem derives from any changes made to Limesurvey, but rather an update on your server. Was your web server updated recently?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
3 years 2 months ago #211378 by ITAVI
Replied by ITAVI on topic internal server error
Thank you for your answer. It was also my first hypothesis, so I asked my provider about a recent server update : no recent update...
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #211390 by holch
OK. No recent update form their side.

However, in between last time that you used Limesurvey sucessfully and now there must have changed something.

- Changes on the server: Not the case
- Changes by you or any one else that has access to your installation?
- Any recent updates to your Limesurvey installation?
-

By the way: Which version are you on? (Reading this: "Limesurvey is installed on my hosted web server for 4 years," scares me a little bit now... ;-) )

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
3 years 2 months ago #211392 by ITAVI
Replied by ITAVI on topic internal server error
Between last time that you used Limesurvey sucessfully and now :
- no changes by myself or anyone else to the installation
- no recent updates to our Limesurvey installation

I don't remember exactly the version, I haven't made any updates for the last 2 years. Could explain my problem ?
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #211393 by holch
There must be something that has changed.

It doesn't make sense that an installation that worked before would suddently stop to work, without any changes do the software or the environment it is installed in.

2 years no update is quite vague. I guess this could mean you are either on 2.06Lts, or 2.7x or on 3.x. So it could be anything, basically.

You should not leave an installtion without updates for so long, but this shouldn't cause the error (it just makes the installation more vulnerable to attacks). If you don't change anything, things should run as before.

My suspicion is still with the hoster. It is much easier for them to say that they did no update recently, rather than investigate.

And I find it hard to believe that they did not update anything in last couple of weeks/months. For webservers, there are always some kind of updates. Be it for the OS, or for the PHP or MySQL version, etc.

You will need to find what has changed since last usage without problems. Limesurvey doesn't change without you making a manual update (I doubt that you have Comfortupdate, given the fact that you did not update for 2 years).

The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose