Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Missing .map files under tmp/etc.

• jcarberry
  • jcarberry's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #211232 by jcarberry
Missing .map files under tmp/etc. was created by jcarberry
On a new installation of Version 3.25.10+210128,
when I click on the button to open the html editor for an answer to a question of List (radio) type
I get a popup indicating a 403 error, where I expect to see the editor opening instead.

The browser console shows the following errors when the Edit answer page is opened:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for mysite.com/tmp/assets/25344783/css/lime-admin-colors.css.map : HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for mysite.com/tmp/assets/939bb6f0/bootstrap.min.css.map : HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for mysite.com/tmp/assets/bfe5b166/build/adminbasics.min.js.map : HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for mysite.com/tmp/assets/cbc4a337/build.min...dminsidepanel.js.map : HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for mysite.com/tmp/assets/232678a5/build/lstutorial.min.js.map : HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Indeed, none of these .map files are on disk.

I notice a different user posted a similar question, but never found the cause of the problem. It was suggested there to clear the asset cache. I have done so, with no change.
I double-checked the permissions for the tmp directory and below: the owner and group have rw permissions everywhere.
I compared the installation to an installation of 4.3 something, where this functionality worked fine, and saw exactly the same permissions (for whatever that is worth).
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 months ago #211238 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Missing .map files under tmp/etc.
Please : report the issue ,

It's a core issue

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • jcarberry
More
3 years 2 months ago #211265 by jcarberry
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 2 months ago #211276 by DenisChenu
Thanks a lot !

Remind : stackoverflow.com/a/21719713/2239406

.map are for developper :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 2 months ago #211278 by DenisChenu

jcarberry wrote: On a new installation of Version 3.25.10+210128,
when I click on the button to open the html editor for an answer to a question of List (radio) type
I get a popup indicating a 403 error, where I expect to see the editor opening instead.

Oh …

I didn't see this sentence … copy/pasting are really awfull.
I think this 403 issue come from your server : did you have error log ?

• jcarberry
More
3 years 2 months ago #211283 by jcarberry
Replied by jcarberry on topic Missing .map files under tmp/etc.
OK, I found out the problem. There was a directive in an .htaccess file above the limesurvey base directory that was causing the issue. It was confusing because none of the files appearing in the error message: the .map files, as well as a fictive tmp/.htaccess ever appear on disk. Anyway, sorry for all the fuss.

It would be nice to have a way to close the topic and/or indicate that it is resolved. Is that possible?
  • holch
More
3 years 2 months ago #211290 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Missing .map files under tmp/etc.

It would be nice to have a way to close the topic and/or indicate that it is resolved. Is that possible?

Well, I think you have done this with your last post.

There is no formal way in this forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose