Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LS Community Edition Limitations?? | ComfortUpdate free tial limitations?

• chamika1985
  • chamika1985's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207835 by chamika1985
Heyyy everyone,

I'm kind of very new to Limesurvey but loving the community edition. i installed an instance through softaculous apps installer in cPanel and went on a great deal of configuring my first survey. but I found out that its very slow.. :-( my hosting providers keep on asking me to contact the developers to troubleshoot the issue. so my concerns are

survey: health-research.lk

1. are there any limitations in the community edition compared to the paid version? because I'm planning to conduct a national survey on this
2. when i try to use comfupdate it says that i can get a free trial key? are there any restriction if I enter trial key such as limitations in number of responses etc?

Would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago #207836 by tpartner
1) No, both community and hosted are the same.

2) Contact LimeSurvey support directly.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
3 years 5 months ago #207839 by jelo

chamika1985 wrote: but I found out that its very slow.. :-( my hosting providers keep on asking me to contact the developers to troubleshoot the issue. so my concerns are

The hosting you're using seems to have a bottleneck on php session creation.
When a respondent is accessing a LimeSurvey survey a big session file is created (if file based php sessions are used).
That can slow down the survey experience for the user. I recommend to check a different hosting environment.

You won't be able to get the LimeSurvey developers to troubleshoot the issue on your hosting environment.
That is unrealistic. You can post the specs of your LimeSurvey installation and your hosting environment. But nobody can directly troubleshoot your hosting environment from the outside.

ComfortUpdate is making updates of LimeSurvey more easy. There is no change in functionality. You have no limits in your current installation when it comes to features or responses.

If you use Version 4 of LimeSurvey, I recommend to change to Version 3. Too many issues with Version 4 till today.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 5 months ago #207842 by DenisChenu

jelo wrote:

chamika1985 wrote: but I found out that its very slow.. :-( my hosting providers keep on asking me to contact the developers to troubleshoot the issue. so my concerns are

The hosting you're using seems to have a bottleneck on php session creation.

It can be this or anything else :)

I have an hosting system wher, for security, i want to add open_base_dir : with restriction : more tha 5 second, without : less than 2 seconds …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
3 years 5 months ago #207857 by tammo
If you really want to do a national survey without real experience with LimeSurvey and hosting LimeSurvey, I would consider asking one of the LimeSurvey partner to assist, since doing surveys is a craft, that needs knowledge, attention and experience when you do it on a larger scale.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose