Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SMTP mail doesn't appear to work

• jlindemann
  • jlindemann's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207760 by jlindemann
SMTP mail doesn't appear to work was created by jlindemann
I'm trying to get the SMTP mail function of LimeSurvey to work, but I can't see where it's going wrong or what's happening. Or if it's even working.

I've built a fresh Win2019 server with IIS10. I used the IIS web platform app to install the current PHP.
I've also installed the current version of "MySQL community".

I had started with LimeSurvey ver.4.3.23, and after setting up the SNMP function LimeSurvey would indicate that emails were sent. And with the MySQL workbench app open I could see the network traffic. And when I sent out an email (ie: password change) I would see a small spike in the traffic. But I never received emails.After reading online about some issues with the SNMP mailer in this version I reverted back to ver.3.24.3.

Ver3.24.3 seems more basic than ver.4.3.23 and I'm having issues just test out the SNMP functionality.

I've used this type of mail functionality with other applications (for things like reports) and haven't had an issue before. Not on this computer, but I just don't know if I'm missing something or if I can get help to figure out how to make it work.

I'm wanting to use SNMP because I want the emails to come from our company email account. Otherwise, all emails will be tagged to the recipients as "coming from an outside sender" which makes everyone overly cautious these days.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose