Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Cannot upload files with kcfinder

• LarryMartell
  • LarryMartell's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207756 by LarryMartell
Cannot upload files with kcfinder was created by LarryMartell
Running Version 2.73.1+171220. If I try and upload a video kcfinder comes up. When I click on upload and select a mp4 it appears to be uploading (I see the % indicator in the bottom left), but when it's done it does not appear that the file is there, neither in the kcfinder window nor on the server. I searched the forum and there are many posts with people having similar issues. There are many different answers - I tried them all but none worked. Where should the files end up? upload/surveys/{sid}/images?
The topic has been locked.
  • LarryMartell
  • LarryMartell's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207810 by LarryMartell
Replied by LarryMartell on topic Cannot upload files with kcfinder
I found that if I manually copy the videos to upload/surveys/{sid}/files then they show up in kcfinder and I can select them and they appear on the survey. But this is a hack as I have to copy the video to each sid dir. kcfinder works for images, just not for videos. Is there a way to get that to work for videos?
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago #207824 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Cannot upload files with kcfinder
Not a solution, but a hint: Your version is almost 3 years old and the 2.7x branch was probably one of the worst releases of Limesurvey and is not supported for a while now. You should consider an update to LS 3.x (NOT to LS 4.x yet, this has a similar history like 2.7x).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Joffm
More
3 years 5 months ago #207832 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Cannot upload files with kcfinder
Hi,
I did not see a problem to upload mp4 files by KCFinder.
After clicking the video-button the wizards opens and lets me upload
Here in 2.73.1

As source in the question text:
Code:
<div>
<video controls="controls" height="300" id="video202010785718" poster="/survey/upload/surveys/838777/images/Fabulous.mp4" width="400">Your browser doesn't support video.<br />
Please download the file:</video>
</div>

And here seems to be an error. The word "poster". Replacing by "src" shows the mp4.

So there seems to be something different.

But I do not understand this

But this is a hack as I have to copy the video to each sid dir

If you would like to have the videos available in several surveys, you may upload them (via ftp) to the "files" directory of the template.
Or - what I usually do - create a new directory on your server where you upload all ressources you may need in your surveys.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose