Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

setting bounce address doesn't work

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #206699 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic setting bounce address doesn't work
I just say : we use PHPMailer and it work in majority …

I just want to stop here the discussion … don't want to take time on it.
If you need : you can do it.

I take time to check and look at code …
Next time i don't check and don't answer …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 6 months ago #206710 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic setting bounce address doesn't work

ViliusS wrote: I don't think that your response is appropriate and up to open source standards and spirit. Your messages doesn't answer anything or add any value to the community. If that's not the place to start the discussion regarding LimeSurvey functionality and in a process to try to make it better, fine by me.

If you don't care, I won't spend any more of my time here either.

Personally, I don't think that your post is appropriate. As far as I can see, Denis spent several hours of his free time trying to help you. In the end he suggested that you file a bug report and indicated that he was finished with this thread - fair enough for a volunteer. I also think that it's totally inappropriate to send a report to the forum admins whining about the post. Reporting is for spam or misuse of the forum, not because you don't agree with an answer.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • ViliusS
  • ViliusS's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #206754 by ViliusS
Replied by ViliusS on topic setting bounce address doesn't work
I get it, I come here on my free time too, but open source community is built on professionalism and care. To quote what is written on your website:

Our great community is an experienced, reliable and versatile helper. Any difficulties you may come across have likely already been detected by someone else. Most of the times that someone has also found a solution to the problem. Our community is the ideal place to ask questions and get help with any issues regarding the usage of LimeSurvey. A part of our community deals with documentation and translation. If you want to help out, this is your place to go.

If he was done with this thread he could put that in a more polite way than "I don't care" or didn't respond at all, for that matter. Maybe others find this thread useful or interesting and chime in.

I can open a bug report directly, or look at the code, or write a patch myself, it's not a problem for me. I came here to find out why things are done this way and maybe to start the discussion, before I do that. Instead I've got "it is this way because most people do it this way, do whatever you like with that information, we don't care". That's not the way to run the open source community.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 6 months ago #206773 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic setting bounce address doesn't work
I think you mis-read Denis. Please keep in mind that English is not his native language so there may be some cultural/language oddities. I commend him for responding here - his English is waaay better than my French.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • holch
More
3 years 6 months ago #206774 by holch
Replied by holch on topic setting bounce address doesn't work
I second Tpartners statement! Denis is one of the columns that hold this forum together, together with Tpartner he has helped thousands of people with Limesurvey.

I can understand that some of his posts can be mis-read, also because English is not his first language. Nevertheless, Denis is one of those people that will help as much as he can. In this case, he basically can't. That's what he is telling you. Could this be written more elegant? Maybe.

But as said before, it is not his first language and thus it might sound "rougher" as it is.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose