Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

template editor not loading - ace.js 404

• tamelung
  • tamelung's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #205550 by tamelung
Dear all,
trying to edit the look of my survey, the texteditor suddenly stopped appearing in the backend. I am now no longer able to view or change any template file from the backend. Looking at my browser's console I saw that ace.js was not loaded probably because the path was set to limesurvey/third_party/ace//dev/ace.js (note the double slash). Any idea on why this might be and how to fix it?
Best
Till
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #205551 by holch
Replied by holch on topic template editor not loading - ace.js 404
What does "suddenly" mean? Did you do an update before that?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tamelung
More
3 years 6 months ago #205567 by tamelung
Replied by tamelung on topic template editor not loading - ace.js 404
Hej holch,
please excuse the imprecise description. With “suddenly” I meant to imply that I am unaware of any changes to the system I’m running LimeSurvey on but rather the error occurred between two logins one weekend apart.
Best
Till
  • holch
More
3 years 6 months ago #205572 by holch
Replied by holch on topic template editor not loading - ace.js 404
I am asking because with software usually things don't happen "suddenly" and without any trigger (even if it might appear liek this sometimes). Generally these things happen when something in the environment changes (update to Limesurvey, update to the server, changes to Limesurvey by others that have access, etc).

I also forgot to ask about the version you are using, but based on the "ace.js" I assume you are using LS 4.x (which I can currently not recommend for production, only for testing).

My guess would be that your installation has been updated during the week and the problem with ace.js appeared. I know that the developer team is working hard on removing the ace.js-editor from LS 4.x as it seems to be causing a lot of problems. I guess the // was introduced there.

Thus I recommend to create a bug ticket.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tamelung
More
3 years 6 months ago #206068 by tamelung
Replied by tamelung on topic template editor not loading - ace.js 404
Dear holch,

just one last addition: I was able to fix this by moving the whole content of folder "third_party/ace/dev" one level up to "third_party/ace" and set $minFolder = ($debug > 0) ? "" : "/min"; in application/config/third_party.php.
Thinking back over the whole process, the issues may have started to occur after moving LimeSurvey on my server from /var/www to a larger hard drive. I did follow instructions on moving Limesurvey and changed the root folder somewhere in the config (though not quite sure where).
Can you think of any instance/reason that might cause Yii/LimeSurvey to not load content due to a certain depth of folders? I also checked all possible combinations of file/folder permissions but none seemed to do the trick.
The decimal third_party folder seems to experience similar problems (though that was present also before the moving).

Best
Till
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 6 months ago #206122 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic template editor not loading - ace.js 404
If you use the last 4.X version : it's an issue.

Best is to report

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose