Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Panel integration and closed-access mode

• crebeck
  • crebeck's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #204619 by crebeck
Hi everyone,
I am still trying to link LimeSurvey to our Sona Systems subject pool (see www.sona-systems.com/help/limesurvey.aspx ). The core idea is here to send participants from Sona to LimeSurvey with the survey code of the experiment in the url: e.g. limesurvey.de/index.php/284885?lang=de&id=%SURVEY_CODE% After finishing the survey on LimeSurvey they are then send back to Sona via the end URL, which passes the survey code (via {PASSTHRU:id}) back again. This should mark them as participated in the subject pool.

If I run LimeSurvey in open access mode, this works just fine. However, as soon as I try to use the close-access mode only receive the following error message when send back to Sona System: "Invalid survey_code". According to Sona this indicates that either the survey code is blank, or was not specified at all.

Something seems to be happening in the background here that apparently prevents the id/survey code from being passed through correctly in closed-access mode. My current guess would be that the parameter I am saving the id in is not accessible in the beginning when in closed-access mode. But I couldn't find anything in the documentation or the forum that helped me to understand what really is amiss here. I would greatly appreciate any kind of insight into what is going on here and whether this can be solved in some way.

P.S. The LimeSurvey manual advises to disable the welcome screen to prevent the id from not being loaded. For me when in open-access mode the panel integration works no matter whether the welcome screen is activated or not.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 7 months ago #204639 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Panel integration and closed-access mode
I would not use passthrough.

I would just use expression manager and the panel integration to get the id.

Pass your ID via panel integration into a hidden question and you can pipe this ID later into the end url via expression manager, using

{yourquestioncode}

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose