Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SQL connector issue

• haribo
  • haribo's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #201872 by haribo
SQL connector issue was created by haribo
Hello,
I'm running Limesurvey 2.73 with MSSQL 2019. While using pdo_dblib i have issue with displaying of UTF8 characters but everything works fine (creating, updating,...). While using pdo_sqlsrv the UTF8 issue is solved but i cant create question group and i got syntax error (attaching a screenshot).
Do somebody know how to solve this issue or what can be wrong?

Thanks a lot for any reply!
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 9 months ago #201876 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic SQL connector issue
I don't think 2.73 was ever tested with MSSQL 2019. 2.73 is no longer under development or support. Perhaps someone comes up with a workaround, but you will run into more trouble over time. I recommend to move to a LS3 version.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, cdorin
  • haribo
  • haribo's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #201895 by haribo
Replied by haribo on topic SQL connector issue
Yea i was thinking the same, but at least i tried to ask for a help if somebody was through something familiar.
It's not my decision to use this version but my client's. He is using it for several years and is comfortable with this one, but it's probably time to go on and try something new.
Thanks for you reply!
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 9 months ago #201936 by holch
Replied by holch on topic SQL connector issue
You should definetly convince your client to upgrade. the 2.7x branch of Limesurey was one of the worst versions of Limesurvey, in my opinion.

The installation 2.73.0-build171219 is from the end of 2017. This means this platform hasn't received updates and bug fixes for 2.5 years, which is quite a long time for web applications.

He is using it for several years and is comfortable with this one

I totally understand. But a lot of people were comfortable with Windows XP, but they had to move on... ;-)

But if you update, don't go to LS 4.x just yet. It is not ready for production in my opinion. Currently the best and most stable LS version is LS 3.x.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose