Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Uploading files in resources section

• AnnaSSSA
  • AnnaSSSA's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #200975 by AnnaSSSA
Uploading files in resources section was created by AnnaSSSA
When I try to upload files in the resource section, the screen with the uploading tools does not appear. The same happens if I try to access through the button to upload pictures or links. I observed this problem only in a specific survey and not in others I'm working on. Which could be the problem?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #200980 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Uploading files in resources section
First of all, for this kind of problem it is always important to inform the version of Limesurvey that the problem is appearing. My guess would be that you are on 4.x, because I think I remember that there were other reports with this problem.

I generally recommend not to use 4.x for productive use yet, it still has too many "hick ups", only use it for testing and run your production server on LS 3.x.

But please let us know which version of LS you are using.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• AnnaSSSA
  • AnnaSSSA's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #200982 by AnnaSSSA
Replied by AnnaSSSA on topic Uploading files in resources section
Thanks for your quick reply!
I'm using the version Versione 3.22.19+200605
  • holch
More
3 years 10 months ago #200990 by holch
I am running the same version here and while it sometimes takes a while, the window of the upload section shows up. I was testing in Chrome, I see that you are using Firefox, I think.

Try Chrome and see what happens. Try to switch off any browser extensions (e.g. adblockers and script blockers).

The first time I tried, it took a while for the editor to show up. But once i clicked into the field with the mouse it was there in a second.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
3 years 10 months ago #200991 by holch
Just checked with the latest Firefox (clean, no addons) and it works fine:

This leaves only the conclusion that the problem is not a general Limesurvey problem, as well that it is not a browser problem. So this must be something specific either to your Limesurvey installation, your browser or your internet connection. Maybe your Firewall or something is filterting the editor script? Not an expert on this.

But it definitely must be something on your side, because it works for me with the very same version than yours (LimeSurvey Version 3.22.19+200605) on Chrome and Firefox.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose