Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can't choose file to upload

• ahassoun
  • ahassoun's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #197984 by ahassoun
Can't choose file to upload was created by ahassoun
Hello,

I have a question of File Upload type that accepts these file types:
png, gif, doc, odt, jpg, pdf, png

However, when I click on the Upload file button to browse/pick a file, a blank prompt is displayed - without an option to pick a file. Even the close button doesn't respond, with this error appears on the browser console when I press the close button:

modaldialog.js:28 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'saveAndExit' of undefined

I tried different themes and I got different behaviors but none had worked. The current theme (extended from fruity), the button doesn't do anything. Other themes display this empty prompt:

In the question's settings, I have 1 minimum and 1 maximum file allowed.

Here's my survey for testing:

survey.rescue.ae/1?newtest=Y&lang=en

LS Version 4.1.17+200414

Best regards.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ahassoun.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago #198041 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can't choose file to upload
I have seen this problem before here in the forum. Seemed to be a bug in one of the versions of LS 4. Not sure if it is fixed yet, but seeing that you don't have the latest version, I would frist update to the latest version of LS 4.2.0 and see what happens.

In any way, for productive use I would recommend to still stick with 3.x LTS, rather than using LS 4.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
  • Away
More
3 years 11 months ago #198042 by holch
Had a quick look at the release notes and there was no change to the upload question since 4.1.17 and also I can't find any bug referring to the file upload question that matches. But I am sure there have been problems with multiple file uploads on one page at least.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
3 years 11 months ago #198045 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Can't choose file to upload

holch wrote: Had a quick look at the release notes and there was no change to the upload question since 4.1.17 and also I can't find any bug referring to the file upload question that matches. But I am sure there have been problems with multiple file uploads on one page at least.

Not released
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...01592c4bd1ecb901a0e7

But seems have issue with multiple upload with conditions …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ahassoun
More
3 years 11 months ago #198094 by ahassoun
Replied by ahassoun on topic Can't choose file to upload
Thank you for your responses. I updated to the latest (available in the Comofrt Update) update:
LimeSurvey Version 4.1.18+200416

And the problem still exists.

Should I consider downgrading to 3.5? I spent a long time getting myself familiar with LS and setting up my first survey :unsure:
  • holch
  • Away
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #198095 by holch
Unfortunately, LS 4, despite being marked as "stable" isn't as "stable" as some might expect.

I currently still recommend LS 3.x LTS as the way to go, if you want a stable environment for productive use. However, the currentl version is not 3.5, but 3.22.14.

However, you can't downgrade to 3.x, because the database structure is different between the versions. What you would have to do is to install LS 3.x22.14 in parallel. You also can't import LSS files from LS4 to LS3, because of the differences.

However, I am not sure yet if the problem you describe is really a problem in LS 3 in general. The problem I know has to do with more than one upload question on the same page. Would need some further testing.

Can you attach a LSS file of your survey, with the part were the problem appears?

By the way: You should decide wether it is a "National Sterilization Program" or a "National Serialization Program". ;-)

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by holch.
  • holch
  • Away
More
3 years 11 months ago #198096 by holch
OK, I see, you have more than one upload question on the same page, so there is the problem. Is ther no way that you can have them on different pages? Then you should have no problem, even in LS 4 afaik.

• ahassoun
More
3 years 10 months ago #198225 by ahassoun
Replied by ahassoun on topic Can't choose file to upload
I tried duplicating the survey and removing one upload. So, now we have 1 upload question:
survey.rescue.ae/2222

I noticed something. When I visited the page for the first time, that upload question was highlighted (as if I tried submitting the survey with this question empty). Does this indicate anything?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose