Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Clean install 4.4.0 on Synology NAS (WEB SERVER - NOT PACKAGE)

• Kongen
  • Kongen's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 hour ago #197959 by Kongen
I have followed the manual and searched the web and forum before posting.

As you can se on the picture I get and read/write error on the (tmp) folder, and I have checked many times if the folder can be read and written 2. I have used same method to all three folders, but the tmp folder keeps making problems?
Have also tried adding everyone ALL rights just to see if that changed anything, but it won''t "budge" :unsure:

At this point im starting to think something is missing from the download, and tried downloading all packages to see if a file or folder was missing. It appears that all is in perfekt order, except my installation of course :evil:

Please help!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago #198049 by holch
There is no 4.4.0 as of today. Only a 4.2.0 so I assume you are talking about 4.2.0 (which your screenshot confirms).

It is really difficult to help here, because it obviously is a problem with the rights to the TMP folder. I assume you applied this to the tmp folder within Limesurvey, not the general TMP folder that is often available on server installations?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Kongen
  • Kongen's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #198493 by Kongen
Hi Holch
Yes of course my bad that I wrote 4.4.0

Yes it was the folder within LimeSurvey, just as with the other 2 folder within LimeSurvey. And changing the rights worked for the other 2, but somehow it doesn't work on the TMP folder. Thats why I would suspect there was an error with the check funktion on install, or maybe there is another right settings that has to be changed for the TMP folder.
I also considered if the method of changing the rights has any significans to how the rights are checked by LimeSurvey. I have done it the easy way from "filestation" within Synology NAS, but if I look via Terminal it looks just fine as well?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose