Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Where are the credentials of users who decide to Resume Later saved?

• tzadiko
  • tzadiko's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #194309 by tzadiko
Hello,

I have three questions:

1. Where is the state of the survey for users who would like to resume the survey at a later time saved? How does this work?

2. Furthermore, where are any of the data that is generated from this command saved (which table {prefix}_?)?

3. Is an email with their credentials sent from the same email that one would use to send a survey invite link?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 1 month ago #194334 by Joffm
Hi,

1. & 2. "[prefix]]_saved_control"

3. Did you try?

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tzadiko
  • tzadiko's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #194374 by tzadiko
1 & 2. Thank you!
3. I just got email up and running, and when I click the "Resume later" I get the following strange error:

By the way, thanks so much for your help so far. I will chip in a donation of $20 once I get this up and running, you guys are great.

EDIT: For some reason it works now. I'm afraid it will break again in a real environment though. By the way, after it said "Response saved" I saw nothing in the lime_saved_control table, I was just prompted that my response was saved. How does this work? Does it have to do with cookies, or are the answers stored in the Database in some table (which table?) once a user clicks "Resume later"? Not sure why I previously saw it asking for an email and password form a user, but now it's simply saving in browser. I prefer the later.

I also tried to open the same link in a non-incognito browser (original session in incognito browser) and I get the following:

Is this because Enable participant-based response persistence doesn't work with an incognito browser?
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by tzadiko.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose