Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Does LimeSurvey 1.91+ (Build 11379) work with PHP 7.0

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #176224 by holch
I agree, this should have been updated years ago. But if there is a survey currently running, I would always first finish this survey and then move on. Or just keep this survey running on the old server and all newer surveys already on another server with the latest version. But I don't think it is a good idea to move an old installation to a new server without testing before.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.
  • JEfromCanada
  • JEfromCanada's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #176225 by JEfromCanada
@holch,

I do understand the security ramifications of running such an old version of LimeSurvey, and it was not my intention to simply switch from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0. I changed hosting companies as I approached the end of my contract period, and did not realize that the NEW hosting company placed me on a server that only allows ONE VERSION of PHP across the entire account. I was running nine domains on the original account - and only one of them used PHP 5.6 with the older LimeSurvey. Some of the other domains also use LimeSurvey - the latest version in the 2.x series.

My issue is that one of those OTHER domains also has a custom-written PHP module that accesses the database created by the OLD survey, and that custom code has been updated over time to replace deprecated functionality and currently only works with PHP 7.0+. Right now, I can either have the survey active without being able to use the results elsewhere, or I can access historical records without being able to add new ones. Neither choice is acceptable.

I'm just seeking the easiest way to upgrade my survey without losing the data or the intricacies of the survey logic.
  • JEfromCanada
More
5 years 5 months ago #176226 by JEfromCanada
@DenisChenu,

The information in this database doesn't contain anything of financial or data mining significance to anyone but me. But, I'm still trying to upgrade due to the new server not being able to run two versions of PHP.
  • JEfromCanada
More
5 years 5 months ago #176227 by JEfromCanada
@holch,

My intent is to install a new version of LimeSurvey, import the current data, and continue the survey using the new version. The hard part will be testing to see if the survey logic survives the migration.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose